I was looking forward to this game as well because of the excellent miniatures that follow with it. Yesterday I finished painting the first batch of the figures, the Stormtroopers. I thereby followed the excellent youtube tutorial of Sorastro.
I'm still learning a lot and train my brush-work. So there's still some variation in the quality of the minis.
- Squadron Leader
- Posts: 1337
- Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:43 pm
- Location: Nottingham, England
"I saved you," cried that woman "And you've bit me even, why? You know your bite is poisonous and now I'm going to die"
"Oh shut up, silly woman," said the reptile with a grin "You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in.
Next were the Imperial probe droids. They were rather easy, since the steps only consisted of dry-brushing, shading and just a bit of small details.
Here comes the royal guard. This was a new challenge since it was the first time I had to paint robes. I got quite some useful tips from Kondor, that I will try to incorporate with the next minis. I didn't use them for these ones since they were already in an advanced stage and I feared to go over the edge and worsen the quality by doing to much. So the highlights could have been more pronounced. But I keep that in mind for the coming minis. Those minis are for playing and therefore the quality is good enough imho. My lads think they look awesome and I'm happy with that.
I had as well a small accident while spray coating them. Something that's called spray coat frosting happened, presumably due to high moisture while coating. It looks as if rime or frost covers the whole miniature. Luckily I was able to correct that error with another layer of coating and a hair dryer. Some of it is still on the minis (for example the lower ends of the staffs).
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Secu and 1 guest