Work in Progress

Our World in miniature, but it'll mostly be aeroplanes...

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Kondor

Re: Work in Progress

Post by Kondor » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:31 pm

Umm.. Just curious, why the marking is E o SD on starboard side? Shouldn't it be SD o E on both sides? Well, I know some Squadrons in some points of time had their markings that way- port and starboard were sort of mirroring each other, but in this particular case- is it correct? Did Broadsword use such a skin during Fall Gelb/ BoB?
"Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you, He will not fail you or forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6

Tex
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Tex » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:24 pm

I am so glad she made it across the ocean. Had to rely on the US postal service to do the job. I have to admit, it gives me a tickle to think some of my work is there in England where all the actual history we recreate took place.
Also glad to see it made it more or less in one piece. I was not sure how to pack it, so I might have gone overboard on the foam surrounding it.
I hope you enjoy it Broadsword.
Image Howdy Ya'll!

Tex
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Tex » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:25 pm

Kondor, I wondered about the positioning of the codes too. I went with the reference material I had on hand. Of course, those have been known to be wrong from time to time.
Image Howdy Ya'll!

Tex
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Tex » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:27 pm

Here is an example.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Howdy Ya'll!

Kondor

Post by Kondor » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:53 pm

Ok, so it's historically accurate, not ACG accurate, meaning it's not a replica of a Hurricane with Broady's skin on it. Just wanted to know what was the reasoning behind this. Thanks for explanations :)
And, again, very inspiring work there, Tex. Hope my polystyrene planes would someday be as good as yours :salute:
"Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you, He will not fail you or forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6

Tex
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Tex » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:12 pm

It's all artistic license as far as I am concerned. I have to admit, I have no idea whose depiction is more correct. But, I do think the big SD codes look cool.
Image Howdy Ya'll!

Jammy

Post by Jammy » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:14 pm

We were planning on updating the skins for 501 with the correct serials, but Bonkin got cought up in work, plus since we're so far in the BoB we thought loading the skins would not be worth the work in the end and will correct them on the grey skins instead.

And yes, the big codes look kewl
I do like to shoot down planes yes I do

Miki

Post by Miki » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:27 pm

That's amazing Tex, nice work.

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:56 pm

She's just lovely Tex - sitting in pride of place in my study well out of reach of the cats :lol:

You did a great job on the packaging - given the sort of ride she must have had to get here it's amazing that there were only two minor bits of damage, and as we all know the rudder isn't strictly necessary anyway...
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.