Recruitment: Jasta 7 Wants You! (MST)

The original knights of the skies

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Wordy

Re: Recruitment: Jasta 7 Wants You!

Post by Wordy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:40 pm

Sounds like a blast. I'll pick up the DLC, get in some practice and look for you in TS this week.

Pariah

Post by Pariah » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:41 pm

If you start earlier you can use the Albatros D.II which is free.

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:20 am

We will most likely be doing just that, but the D.II lt's come in very fast, and I believe that one isn't free.

Please correct if wrong. I have almost everything so I don't remember exactly what came with what.

Tex
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Tex » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:21 am

I’m in Dallas, so central time, and would love to participate.
Image Howdy Ya'll!

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:56 am

Well gents I'm looking to try some test runs over the next week. I am trying to gauge how many folks I can support on the server at one time. I've heard that beyond five it gets pretty hairy. I want to put that to the test because from the sound of it we have around seven at the moment.

I think that's a totally reasonable amount of people, and I don't expect it to mess too badly. Additionally, I think that it's pretty likely that certain folks might not be able to make every Friday, and so having some guys ready to fill in would be excellent. I think there is a way to make sure everyone gets a chance to fly even if it means running two shifts.

ADDITIONALLY! I will have to work every third Friday, so we are either going to move the night to Thursday on those weeks, or I need a volunteer to help host on the Friday's that I can't attend. I am also looking to make that individual my XO/Adjutant. If anyone thinks that's something they'd like to set forward for please let me know in a PM.

Spirit

Post by Spirit » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:45 am

What time would that be for Sydney Australia? I would like to join but not sure if i will be free
Catch me if you can...

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:04 pm

Okay after a second look just to be sure, as far as I can tell, via steam, you will NEED both "Furious Wings" and "Bloody April".

The planes in question are the Albatross D.II/D.II lt and the Albatross D.III. The D.Va is free, so no worries there.

I am making all the Albatross models MANDATORY. These different models were in service mixed in throughout the war. The D.II lts and D.IIIs were both active simultaneously at the end of 1916 moving into 1917. We will be starting in November of 1916, right as Jasta 7 had received it's first Albatross models to replace the Halberstadt. I know it's a pain to get both DLC packs, but trust me they are worth it based on the other planes in the pack.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:12 pm

Spirit wrote:What time would that be for Sydney Australia? I would like to join but not sure if i will be free

Spirit why don't you run an antipodean timezone one? There are a few Anzacs in ACG.

Sprite

Post by Sprite » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:01 pm

I have all the DLC, shade

Spirit

Post by Spirit » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:55 pm

Dickie wrote:Spirit why don't you run an antipodean timezone one? There are a few Anzacs in ACG.

Yeah I might have to, i'll see if I can be bothered
Catch me if you can...