I'll be writing an article on the hardware used while making The Witcher 3,
and that is now being used while working on upcoming Cyberpunk 2077.
To keep the story short, it's a supercomputer made by Dell, connected with other smaller (but still super-powerful) workstations, and if you really want to take a look at the specs I can add them from work later.
I know that some of you are hardware and IT nerds, and I'd be very happy if you could any questions that you'd like to ask this guy yourselves. You can keep it pretty technical, as the article itself will be quite specific. If you can think of anything, it would really help me out a lot cause frankly I have no idea what should I speak to him about.
Aim from Poland.
- Posts: 1463
- Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:21 am
- Location: Bomber *Command* County :D - Buckinghamshire, England
1) what is it for / why do they need it?
2) what OS is it running?
3) how many processors and what types?
4) it probably generates quite a lot of heat - so how is it cooled?
5) could it conceivably be built with off-the-shelf components or is it really bespoke?
6) does anyone else have this setup or are CD Projekt RED the only ones Dell has provided this to?
7) is it actually used in the game *creation* process as opposed to running as a back end for a live game?
8) can I have the admin username and password?
1- these computers were used for everything, graphic desing, compiling, testing, everything.
3- intel xeon processors
5- it is bespoke and is still being reguarly modernized by dell
7- it is indeed used in game creation
8 - login:admin pass:admin1
These are good questions, thanks Donkey, I'm not really that much of a tech guy so I'm sorry if it feels like talking to a 5 year old, but im trying to make some research before the interview who can help me better if not the ACG right.
Aim from Poland.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest