Idle chat for all ACG and friends

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Firefly
Sergeant Pilot
Sergeant Pilot

An ACG Tribute: Brainstorm

Post by Firefly » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:52 am

Hello all,

If you're on this page then that must mean you have either been drawn in by the "deliberately" confusing title or because you have, for some reason, a remote interest in what I have to say.

Not that there are many of you left after the split, the older amongst you may remember a book I wrote back in 2017 that was based upon the official campaign of IL2 CLoD. If you haven't heard about it, you're either insane or lying because I'm pretty sure I take precedent of mentioning it at least 3.2 times a day.

I digress;

I am writing another after sharing a few back-and-forths with Tiny from my wing, who happens to be in a position of publishing. The original story I wrote back during my sixth form years is probably triple in size to the one I posted on this very forum and, in second opinions, is good enough to send to the next phase. However, it got me wanting to make another, more personal story to the world of ACG itself. One we can all rally behind.

I'm sure a lot of you may have read "Ten Fighter Boys", in my opinion an extremely good read and will be the basis of my idea, whilst sharing similar biography-style writing to that of "Billy Brown I'll Tell Your Mother", another favourite.

This new story will feature a handful of smaller accounts of wartime Europe from multiple perspectives. Allowing RAF and LW to become involved and share their experiences. Both during fighter operations and bomber roles (heck, gunners could work).

What I need from you is this:

Choose a favourite pilot from your vast selection recorded on the PAM. They can be your most successful, the one that lived the longest or even the one that felt more special due to only achieving one kill or spending so long to get there.

Preferably, and this is because it would make my life easier and the stories I write more connected with ACG dossiers, there needs to be a selection of written reports either in story format or funny writings of which I have attempted to make a few myself. Basically anything that I can view to get an idea of what type of character, lifestyle or personality your chosen PAM pilot had. Meaning NO BLANK reports.

Pick (up to) three pilots, so I have enough material to write with. My aim is to create a selection of diary entries if you will, outlining these pilots experiences whilst flying in their respective squadrons (which is why I think fighters, bombers and gunners would be useful and also why detailed reports are better than blank ones).

I'm a pessimist in many ways given my life experiences of the last 18 months, so ai won't go out and say this could ACG's next "Beginning of the End", but it could be ACG's next "Beginning of the End". If enough of you are willing to help me.

If you want to submit pilots with some bullet points of how you would like their character traits to be built, then go for it. Anything to make my writing of this story more true-to-life.

Oh and please, send me these via Discord. I very rarely check my messages on the forums on account of the PTSD I caused the last time I wrote a 10-year long essay like this one... (lol)

All the best,
~ Firefly :salute:

Kit Pepper
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant
contributor

Re: An ACG Tribute: Brainstorm

Post by Kit Pepper » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:15 pm

I'm all for this and anything else that will help us showcase the ACG. Good creative ideas. :nice: I'd like to see where this goes.