The gun topic

Idle chat for all ACG and friends

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Sprite

Re: The gun topic

Post by Sprite » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:49 pm

Thank you, exactly right shade. Painfully obvious even. And good points as well.

That being said, Dickie, since you can't seem to respond with any sense of reasonability, just don't talk to me anymore. Don't direct any posts to me because I will be ignoring them completely. You do you, I'll do me and crack awesome jokes that you are free to miss out on as you please.

Frankly I don't give a single solitary fuck what you think, so stop telling me what you think. End rant

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:14 pm

Yet ironically it proved Broadswords point. But we're all confused now, is all this f*ckety-f*ck stuff you've come out with since, is it still part of the satire and brilliantly funny trolling? Perhaps a fellow 'murican can join in and confirm that or not for us? And if not, could it be that you have a chip on your shoulder because I felt it necessary to be brutally honest with Atreides, somebody I've met numerous times in person (unlike you) and not get sucked in by his passive aggressive veiled resignation, and to call him out for his utter contempt for something that had given him so much for so long by so few. The fact that you sought fit to stride in like a hero when not asked (actually he loves emotive support, nay, he needs it) and then fall on your sword with your own rage quit was entirely your choice. I didn't ask you to go, but go you did (how we scratched our heads and chuckled) yet apparently it's my fault and you'll forever consider me somebody shit because of your choices.

For this alone I put you into the special group I created for our funniest forum-bots, congratulations you are the first human being to make it.

Sprite

Post by Sprite » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:31 pm

Yeah didn't read any of that, please keep wasting your time. It's funny to me

Toxic

Post by Toxic » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:19 pm

Shadepiece wrote:Guys I don't know if there was a cultural miscommunication or something, but Sprite's post was obviously satire to me. Toxic's just as satirical response made it painfully obvious to me at least.
Yes! :lecture: Someone see's it!! And I do agree with you shade that gun laws in some states do need to be more strict.

Toxic

Post by Toxic » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:21 pm

Dickie wrote:For this alone I put you into the special group I created for our funniest forum-bots, congratulations you are the first human being to make it.
In ACG we've never censored someones speech in the forums, I do not agree with your decision to do this, for the same reason we do not lock forums so people do not have the chance to communicate.

Smokejumper

Post by Smokejumper » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:49 pm

Shadepiece wrote: It's why we are so dismissive of the idea that criminals wouldn't have guns. They would. Plain and simple. In the states if they actually enacted a gun ban, only the honest folk would give them up, and I promise you that the amount of guns getting buried on their land before the government showed up to get them would be astronomical.

In Canada they "fall" into the lake. Many a gun owners firearms had fishing accidents when the long gun registry was brought in. Stupid, wasted a lot of money just to scrap it.

Paddy

Post by Paddy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:06 pm

Amusing reads.

Chris Rock has the answer; needs to be $5,000 per bullet, because if you then shoot someone’s ass he definitely had it coming.

Better still, $100,000 per bullet, that’ll learn ya.
Cheers,

Paddy
Group Captain John 'Paddy' Hemingway, we salute you

HotLunch

Post by HotLunch » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:45 pm

U.S. needs better mental health screening, a secure storage law and a handgun registry. Compliance with these laws should be enforced through civil penalties, not criminal (as it is here in glorious Canuckistan).

The registry would almost 100% never happen and would be pretty impractical at this point as Smoke Jumper demonstrated with his post. The other 2 items NEED to happen if the US wants to get a handle on its gun violence issue.

The question is, when does "My right to self-defence." Stop outweighing society's right to "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness." It's a quandry all right and nothing is going to change as long as one side wants total bans and the other is complicity okay with the massacres of innocent people.

I don't envy the politicians who try to tackle this issue because they're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

That's my 2 cents on the issue anyway.
More vodka Comrade!

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:14 pm

Toxic wrote:
Dickie wrote:For this alone I put you into the special group I created for our funniest forum-bots, congratulations you are the first human being to make it.
In ACG we've never censored someones speech in the forums, I do not agree with your decision to do this, for the same reason we do not lock forums so people do not have the chance to communicate.
He can speak, his rights remain unchanged. He openly said that he shall ignore me, again, the irony of escalation - eventually we would just pull out our biggest weapons ;)

Is this ok though?

Sprite is a readable person. He thinks that ACG does not ban but he wants that so he can badmouth me, call this place Korea etc :wank: but he's wrong, we do ban, it's just we haven't had to because Wheaton's Law actually works, and this is a great place for a laugh. He is being a dick in the biggest way he can, he really shows that nasty side he has. Let's not forget, that I just suggested that he should be apologising to other people, not to me, and that was up to him. Look at the bell end now :lol:

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:22 pm

Not... the comfy chair!!! :o
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.