Idle chat for all ACG and friends
- Pilot Officer
- Posts: 1866
- Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:21 am
- Location: Bomber *Command* County :D - Buckinghamshire, England
Incredibly generous of you to share those photos with us Larry. Thank you - amazing stuff.
- Posts: 368
- Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:51 pm
- Location: Longford Ireland
Larry thanks very much for sharing
when in Duxford last year you told us about your granddad it was great to see photos.
Thank You Sir
A good run is better than a bad stand
- Posts: 395
- Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 4:28 pm
- Location: Scunthorpe
yeah very cool story Larry
- Pilot Officer
- Posts: 893
- Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:47 pm
- Location: Bern, Switzerland
An order, that my grandfather got from the company Focke-Wulf for his employment for the FW 190 in 1941. The note means: " Oblt Behrens, In grateful appreciation for tireless fruitful grumbling."
"We were the last bastion of defence.
After us, there was nothing."
Fighter Pilot Ken Wilkinson No 19 Sqn. Summer 1940.
- Warrant Officer
- Posts: 949
- Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:07 pm
- Location: Värmland, Sweden
"Always strive to be better than who you were yesterday"
- Flying Officer
- Posts: 620
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:47 pm
- Location: Cloud hopping, Kent, England
Man, this is a gem of a thread buried in ACG.
If you havent already, go back to the start of the thread and catch your jaw.
- Posts: 527
- Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:29 am
- Location: Alsace, France
Guys, Onebad and Paddy are right, this thread is amazing!
Thanks a lot for sharing this piece of family history with us! I'm still in awe after reading all your posts, it made my day!