3rd spitfire squadron?

Idle chat for all ACG and friends

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

LuftAsher

Re: 3rd spitfire squadron?

Post by LuftAsher » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:21 pm

Spirit wrote:Why don't we do a rotation system with the spitfire squadrons? We are limited to 2 squadrons and seems like there isn't ever any availability in them... why don't they have like a max number of sorties before you swap out. Giving new blood in them and making the pro spit pilots fly something else?
Because if the start of the Battle of France last year was anything to go by, there's a decent chunk of Spitfire pilots who dislike it very much when you try to make them fly something else. I wasn't privy to the discussions myself, but Dickie mentioned on numerous occasions that the Spitfire guys were asked at the beginning of the BoF to fly Hurricanes for a few missions, and enough of them refused that nothing ever came of it.

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:33 pm

Spirit wrote:Why don't we do a rotation system with the spitfire squadrons? We are limited to 2 squadrons and seems like there isn't ever any availability in them... why don't they have like a max number of sorties before you swap out. Giving new blood in them and making the pro spit pilots fly something else?
Because there are too many Spit pilots who would rather quit than fly a Hurricane :roll:

Edit - beat me to it Luft :lol:
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Wiggy

Post by Wiggy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:48 pm

We have space in 64. Always have done since I’ve been flying.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:52 pm

It was genuinely disappointing, I never heard such a load of whining in my life. I won't be having it in the desert or if they release a DLC pack, it will be a fly it or fuck off

Spirit

Post by Spirit » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:01 pm

Wiggy wrote:We have space in 64. Always have done since I’ve been flying.
That's not what I get told when asking to change to RAF...

Dickie I would've thought you would've given the guys who complained in the BoF the old "fly it or F off".
Same goes with them flying the non "a" version of the spit 1
Catch me if you can...

Spirit

Post by Spirit » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:01 pm

Well my questions have been answered very well! Thanks guys
Catch me if you can...

Spirit

Post by Spirit » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:03 pm

I can understand why the Spitty guys don't want to fly hurricanes. There are 109 pilots who would never get in a RAF plane
Catch me if you can...

Spirit

Post by Spirit » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:09 pm

Ohh and dickie... to bring this up again ;) I think getting maybe a schwarm of piloted and gunned bombers to fly in a wave behind AI bombers (to keep bomber numbers fairly high/consistent) would be fantastic! I honestly think it would make me personally want to protect those bombers more and not fly so selfishly (thinking about kills/stats). Like when we had AI 110's flying close to the piloted 110's last mission.
You'd open up the "market" so to speak for new pilots joining because they love to fly German bombers rather then fighters.
Kind of like the crazy 69 chaps who only fly blenheims
Catch me if you can...

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:31 pm

I think it would be fantastic if we switched to BoS after the Battle of Britain, at least until TF 5.0 comes out. Kildren thinks it would be fantastic if we all wiped his ass with our tongues after he takes a particularly nasty shit. Some things just aren't on the cards.

BlackDog

Post by BlackDog » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:38 pm

Didn't realise the Battle of Sweden was an option?

:D

:salute:
BD
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go always a little further; it may be beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow across that angry or that glimmering sea