All British aircraft are shit ;)

Speak to me about joining the ACG Pilots Union

Grumpy
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
Adjutant

Re: Worst British Military Aircraft

Post by Grumpy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:32 pm

Bonkin wrote: That said, the Blackburn site, from which I write this, is still going and continues to design, develop, innovate and manufacture aircraft parts and sub-assemblies. Having past its centenary year, it is the oldest aircraft manufacturing site in the World. Not bad really eh?
Quit goofing off and get back to work! :D
Adjutant, No. 111 (Fighter) Squadron. Adstantes

Nor law nor duty bade me fight,
Nor public men, nor cheering crowds.
A lonely impulse of delight
Led to this tumult in the clouds

Maltloaf
Location: Salisbury Plain, birthplace of British military aviation.

Post by Maltloaf » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:39 pm

And I can see a Blackburn Bucaneer from my office window, what a fantastic ac!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I have never once lost my gratitude for those who were the sentinels and held the line between tyranny and civilisation"

Jonesy

Post by Jonesy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:04 pm

Ah the Bucaneer. When I was a young lad I used to spend hours sat down on the glide path at RAF Lossiemouth watching these beat the place up along with Phantoms, Shackletons and later Nimrods from RAF Kinloss nearby. I was lucky enough to see the Bucaneer squadrons deploy when the 1st gulf kicked off. Bucaneers everywhere! The sky seemed full of them. Happy memories.
Professional manchild

Wozaworld

Post by Wozaworld » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:27 am

Jonesy wrote:Ah the Bucaneer. When I was a young lad I used to spend hours sat down on the glide path at RAF Lossiemouth watching these beat the place up along with Phantoms, Shackletons and later Nimrods from RAF Kinloss nearby. I was lucky enough to see the Bucaneer squadrons deploy when the 1st gulf kicked off. Bucaneers everywhere! The sky seemed full of them. Happy memories.
I remember hiking around loch Lochindorb back in the early nighties and absolutely face slamming the dirt when a Star Fighter came low and fast over my head - probably came from Lossiemouth, but I'd never seen a wing set like that on an aircraft before.. thought it was some secret fighter! thing was bloody shifting!
"Always treat your kite like you treat your woman, climb inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back.."

i7 8700K @ 5Ghz H100X Water cooled, Asus Maximus X Hero, 32gb DDR4 3000mhz ram, GTX1080ti 11gb , 250gb SSD, Thrustmaster warthog stick, X-55 H.O.T.A.S, Combat Rudder pedals, TrackIR5, GHD Hair straightners, Quite a nice kettle. Oh! and one of those Oculus majiggy thingys

Jonesy

Post by Jonesy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:32 am

Wozaworld wrote:
Jonesy wrote:Ah the Bucaneer. When I was a young lad I used to spend hours sat down on the glide path at RAF Lossiemouth watching these beat the place up along with Phantoms, Shackletons and later Nimrods from RAF Kinloss nearby. I was lucky enough to see the Bucaneer squadrons deploy when the 1st gulf kicked off. Bucaneers everywhere! The sky seemed full of them. Happy memories.
I remember hiking around loch Lochindorb back in the early nighties and absolutely face slamming the dirt when a Star Fighter came low and fast over my head - probably came from Lossiemouth, but I'd never seen a wing set like that on an aircraft before.. thought it was some secret fighter! thing was bloody shifting!
:lol:

Ha I can imagine. Many a time I’d be hiking around the Lake District with the school and shit myself when an aircraft would appear from no where and buzz us. We were kayaking on lake windmere one year and we got buzzed by some Tornados. I knew what to expect but the 3 others panicked and capsized us :lol:

Lossie had a lot of visiting aircraft. I had family living up there as my uncle was in the RAF and was posted to 201 Squadron at Kinloss. We used to go visit for a week or so. I loved it. Two really busy airfields within a stones throw of where I was staying. I was lucky enough to see all sorts up there. The one stand out memory though was seeing some Lightning’s. They were loud!
Professional manchild

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:56 am

Ha ha loved it. Perfect narration too, pisstaking and sarcastic.

Blackburn though, they were practically working for the Germans!