Worst British Military Aircraft

Idle chat for all ACG and friends

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Toxic

Worst British Military Aircraft

Post by Toxic » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:12 pm

This is all in good fun :)

I enjoyed the intro to this video :nice: :salute:

Again, you can make a video for probably every world power back in the cold war ;)

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Re: Worst British Military Aircraft

Post by Jaydog » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:07 pm

I wonder why the Hurricane and Spit aren't in it? lol

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:50 pm

Seems Lord Haw-Haw is still alive and kicking :lol:

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Toxic

Post by Toxic » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:16 pm

Bunny wrote:Seems Lord Haw-Haw is still alive and kicking :lol:
:lol:

Maltloaf
Location: Salisbury Plain, birthplace of British military aviation.

Post by Maltloaf » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:56 pm

What a Cock!
"I have never once lost my gratitude for those who were the sentinels and held the line between tyranny and civilisation"

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:57 am

What to say, it's not a secret that Blackburn would be better off manufacturing just about anything else. Pretty much every aircraft ever designed by them deserves to be on the list.

Toxic

Post by Toxic » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:47 am

Maltloaf wrote:What a Cock!
:nice: :fap:
Onebad wrote:What to say, it's not a secret that Blackburn would be better off manufacturing just about anything else. Pretty much every aircraft ever designed by them deserves to be on the list.
hmmmmmmm :suicide:

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:25 am

Onebad wrote:What to say, it's not a secret that Blackburn would be better off manufacturing just about anything else. Pretty much every aircraft ever designed by them deserves to be on the list.
One word.

Buccaneer :twisted:

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Bonkin

Post by Bonkin » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:45 pm

Bunny wrote:
One word.

Buccaneer :twisted:
Absolutely Bunny. Top aircraft. Like the Lightning, well ahead of its time and much loved by its crews. The Beverley wasn't bad for its time either.

I've not seen the video yet, but I do work at the Blackburn site - which is now part of BAE SYSTEMS. Along the corridors of power, its true that there are photographs of dubious Blackburn designs that you might look at and wonder how these things ever graced the skies, let alone served any useful purpose it times of war. Yet they did. For various reasons, no doubt like many other types, they never received the acclaim of other types like the Spit, Hurricane, 109 or Lancaster. They were however products of a pioneering British aircraft manufacturing capability that has sadly been mostly lost.

That said, the Blackburn site, from which I write this, is still going and continues to design, develop, innovate and manufacture aircraft parts and sub-assemblies. Having past its centenary year, it is the oldest aircraft manufacturing site in the World. Not bad really eh?

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:42 pm

Absolutely fantastic Bonkin - to be sat where history was designed and made. And it's a shame we've lost much of that pioneering spirit - through the short-sightedness of governments I suspect failing to value it.