If you've come here to just take a look at our site and forums then you are welcome, you will find that you don't even need to register to post in the Reception forums so go ahead, please do, you are welcome to join in the conversations. For the other forums just register and join in the chat.
If you are looking at what we do with a view to join then you may do the same however to become an ACG pilot you must join in our Teamspeak and fly with us, the address is 188.8.131.52:16317 but more info here if you need it.
We do not care for flying experience a jot, what matters is that you make a commitment for the longer term and in the right spirit. As a member your attendance is recorded by your attendance in the weekly campaign combined with the after action flight report written into our Pilot and Mission database (just flying the campaign does not count). This is not a big flying commitment at all and the rest of your time is up to you however ideally you should be the type who flies 2 or 3 times a week and when you do so you join our Teamspeak channel.
We would also like you to keep abreast of what is going on in ACG so a regular forum visit and furnishing us with an email address which you actually use is important. Finally, out of respect, should you wish to leave then notify your ACG commander or make a posting in the forums - we really do not want you if you are going to just disappear after a month of regular activity, seriously, if you can't commit then ACG is not for you.
Join us if you are:
- interested in immersing yourself in the history of flight combat ("being there") and not so interested in 'winning'
- want to fly in a large group of like-minded people on historical missions
- are a relaxed and helpful person with a good sense of humour
- going to be around to fly with us. No large unannounced on/off breaks or going AWOL.
Your commitment to ACG
- Make every effort to be a regular pilot for our Sunday campaign, @1900GMT (most Sundays)
- Write your flight report within 1 week of that flight
- Join Teamspeak when you fly
- Notify command via PM/Forum/email if you decide to leave us, or for any extended period of absence
All of the information about us is available on our website at http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk
This will tell you what we do and how we do it, all of our Allied and Axis squadrons are there and the names within are UP TO DATE - this isn't a bullshit list - these guys listed are ALL flying today. There is also training material available if you just want to fly on your own for now and pick up some pointers.
If you wish to know more then of course ask in the forums, or better still, come and give us a try - remember, there is no standard to reach to join ACG, we will help you into the sky with us.
Air Cmdr. Dickie
AOC 11 Grp and ACG Founder