Campaign Rules

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Campaign Rules

Post by Dickie » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:46 am

ACG historical campaign

Campaign Rules and Ideology

1. Participation
All ACG pilots should make their very best effort to attend. This is pretty much considered 'compulsory' - if you are going to do something in ACG then it will be this. If you really can't make it ever, talk to Osprey/Pitti or other Staff members, but otherwise you are demanded to make the effort to be there.

Members not attending the Campaign missions, without informing their squadron commander/adjutant, will be contacted via pm or e-mail about their status and should reply immediately to such status inquiries. Otherwise their membership will be canceled.

2. Recruitment & Guests
Other squadrons are not invited to the campaign unless the organisers see a need for that.

Campaign missions are open to squadless pilots to try us out so please bring in potential recruits - they are welcome. We want nobody who is in another squadron - we do not poach. We are interested in potential new ACG members.

3. Attitude.
This is important: This is an immersion campaign not a competitive campaign. No strategies will win this for you. Pilots will be assigned a job to do as a Wing/Gruppe and that's it. There will be no winners or losers, we are just recording things as we see them, just as the real chaps did. So relax, enjoy it, and try to stay alive above being a crazy bastard fighting on in a knackered aeroplane.

4. Scoring
Scoring will be how the real pilots did it, by After Action Reports - this is compulsory. No stats, this is not a war and we do not care for the CPU stating that you got "0.23 of a kill" - don't claim that - It must be witnessed or somebody shown the crash site and if not just claim them and your Squadron Leader or Staffel Kapitan must approve. You claim victories in your After Action Report in the Pilot and Mission database. There are clear instructions in the forums on what is needed here and we need this from ALL pilots or it will not work out. The RAF and Luftwaffe differ a little, they are based on the home systems. It will be interesting to see how accurate all of that is and how it compares with the historical data after each campaign.

5. Lives.
Refly is allowed provided you land at a friendly base or your home base, undamaged and unharmed. If you damage your airplane yourself before the first contact with the enemy, it is in general ok to respawn and fly again after you have landed on a friendly airbase. Do not despawn in midair. It is likely you will be out of time though.

6. Launcher crash.
Just restart and rejoin. Do not abuse this. Although we are not using stats we can still see when somebody snuffs it so don't get yourself told off.

7. Tracks.
Please record them and upload them or make movies of them, and publish! Please add in the ACG intro though, thanks. For help with video editing and publishing ask the PR-office (Hindsight and Martinjas).

8. Skins.
More info to come...

9. Base raping, camping and vulching, shooting landers.
Just don't do it. See point 2. Have some honour, we would prefer to keep the object count down and not have to place 2 million AA guns on the maps. Lots of bases will not have guns to protect them - if somebody looks like they are going to land or they are taking off - don't go jumping in to shoot them, Don't camp outside bases hoping for easy pickings. If someone says in chat they plan to land then let them do it. Although, some missions will include strafing- and bombing runs, mainly by BF-110's.

10. Aircraft types.
This is roughly historically based - you may have 2 or 3 types at an airfield so don't just take the best one - assume the worst and commander will tell you if you can take something else.

11. Pilot status after mission
A "pilot survival system" has been implemented on our server (public and campaign)! Which means that if a (human) pilot lands, crash lands or bails out, a message will appear in the server message box if he is in friendly, neutral or enemy territory and what his status is (returned to friendly lines, rescued by ASR, captured by the enemy). This will be used to exactly know (without guessing) the pilot's status at the end of the mission.
Don't leave the aircarft or disconnect from the server until your pilot's status has been reported in the server message box! In case of a landing the message will appear when the aircraft stops rolling/sliding and in case of a bailout the message will appear when the pilot hits the ground.
Wait until your plane has stopped or your pilot hit the ground to allow the message to be written into the server log. In case your status is unclear to you or you missed the message, contact Thaine who will read the information from the server log.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So your duty is to turn up reliably, have fun, then post a very simple report (or a nice read) and spread the ACG love!

Scheduling
1. Mission will be flown most Sundays. Start time is: 1930UK. The briefing will be brief but clear and squadron/Staffel commanders will have the orders in advance. To access the mission briefing, go to the Pilot and Mission database -> Mission -> Click on the actual mission (the one that has status "Briefing") -> Click on "Briefing RAF" or "Briefing Luftwaffe".

2. We will not wait for stragglers, turn up in good time please.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Any questions please ask and I'll address them in this post.

Piotross

Re: Campaign Rules

Post by Piotross » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:19 am

Can i using changed ammunition?

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:12 am

Yes, you can change the ammunition. But it would be nice if you keep them somewhat historical and reasonable.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:23 pm

So no nukes or black-hole throwers then?
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:03 pm

No only M-Geschoss coming soon (TM) :twisted:
Turn like the devil, shoot straight from the sun
Climb like a monkey out of hell where I belong

Kevin01041961

Post by Kevin01041961 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:17 pm

I want to join and have enjoyed watching on you tube, but I'm new flying formation isn't easy nor at the moment is direction, I will try and speed up my training but like the original pilots I could cock up what happens then ? also this time of year holidays are a matter of course can we request leave when joining ?

Jammy

Post by Jammy » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:39 pm

Fear not Kevin we were quite serious when we said that our only requirement is that you can take off, some are natural flyers others are not and will be given time if needed. So if you get lost after take off or worst case crash into a fellow squadron member you are in most cases allowed to take-off again and try to catch up with your squad on a Sunday Campaign.

Should you want to speed up training hop onto Teamspeak and join us on our Training Nights we run every Thursday (tomorrow). There are plenty of helpful people there (in fact in my two year career here only found one person which wasn't helpful lol) who will gladly teach you the ropes. In your case the "Squadrons" meet up between 18:00 and 22:00 UK time where you can get a taste of formation flying and how we operate. Also don't worry about directions, that's the Squadron Leaders job just figure out how to stick to him like glue :)

Yes you can ask for leaves, but try your best to attend Sundays whenever possible. Even if you're gone for long spells all we require in that department is that you bother letting your Squadron Leader know :nice:
I do like to shoot down planes yes I do