For new starters looking for training

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

flyteleder

Re: For new starters looking for training

Post by flyteleder » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:10 am

Gentlemen: I found your site and havd been fasinated by the oportunity to fly within this historical context. I ralize that pilots credentials are not necessary, but I am a single engine , instrument rated pilot. At home I continue to hone my navigation skills by "flying" my X-Plane program on my computer, and "fly" the P-51 alot, and the Spitfire some. My dissatifaction with the program, is that there is not interaction with other aircraft other than tankers. I am also an avid reader of WW2 aviation history. I look forward to the opportunity to learn a lot more, and eventually join the flying ranks of the Air Combat Group.

Richard Wehr
Scottsdale, Arizona

Ros

Post by Ros » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:35 am

Welcome flyteleder! If interaction with other fliers is what you are looking for the opposing side will be glad to provide this for you!
Do you have a particular plane in mind? Because 1st is looking for pilots in the US time zone. If you have teamspeak installed there will be someone to help you out, or if you have Cliffs of Dover already installed, we could get you set you up to fly.

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor
Location: The centre of the known universe Nottingham, England

Post by Ginger » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:35 pm

Hello flyteleder hope to see you flying with us soon .
DEAD PILOTS DONT MAKE CLAIMS

Niwsters

Post by Niwsters » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:49 pm

Hi! I'm Niwsters, a friend of Berethor.

I bought Cliffs of Dover yesterday in the hopes of finding a group to play with. Managed to learn the basics of take-off and landing with the Bf 109 and 110, but still have problems with navigating, and never learned to fly in a formation. I'm mostly interested in learning the 109 currently, but wouldn't mind flying the 110 either. If anyone could help me out that'd be great!

I'm in the Central European timezone (CET or GMT+2).

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Ginger » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:01 pm

Hi Niwsters , if you have team speak join the Luftwaffe channel tonight at 1830 GMT and someone will sort you out. :nice:

crstothard

Post by crstothard » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:14 am

Greetings from NYC! My name is Chris and I've recently (~2 months ago) installed CLOD, have since been putting together my collection of mid-range flight controls and headset/mic and after lurking around on various forums, YouTube channels and servers, I'd like to enlist on ACG. I am looking for an immersive experience where I can learn as much as I can and shoot down some baddies in the process. I've been trying out many of the aircraft from both sides of the channel and although I do enjoy the cannons and Boom and Zoom of the BF 109, I can say that I'd probably get a lot out of any plane you put me in. Ideally, I'd like the opportunity to gain experience in many of the available machines. However, as I understand it, on ACG, once I'm on a side, that is where I'd need to stay (for the most part), at least for official campaigns, correct? I'd be very interested (and in need) of training if anyone is willing. I am on the east coast of North America (EST) and have a flexible schedule. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks, Chris

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Ginger » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:08 am

Hi Chris and welcome to ACG. We will be flying a mission today so if you drop on team speak at 1830 BST we will sort you out. Flying skills are not the priority it's more about the enthusiasm to learn and be part of the gang. :nice:

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:04 pm

You have it right there Chris, you enlist and remain in that crew on that type for campaigns but you can do whatever the hell you want at other times. You can change crew inside ACG but you need to have a decent stint with your blokes. Most stay were they are tbh because they like it :nice:

See you on Teamspeak.

Olmy

Post by Olmy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:14 pm

Hello, I have just joined the group. I have barley played CLoD and would like some training. I play other flight sims so know a little stuff but I dont know ow to fight in the air. Any help would be welcome.

Lofty

Post by Lofty » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:44 pm

Olmy wrote: but I dont know ow to fight in the air. Any help would be welcome.
Welcome Olmy.

There's a wealth of information tucked away on this site, as well as elsewhere on the web.

Broadly speaking, although there are some universal truths, there is a difference in fighting techniques for LW and RAF aircraft and I would suggest you get competent in one type rather than trying to master them all initially.

For the RAF fighters, check out here:
http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/forum/v ... m.php?f=14
Anything by Robo should be treated with reverence and committed to memory.

For LW aircraft, here:
http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/forum/v ... m.php?f=16

Some examples of external helpful sites:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaM5jFf ... yhHqBPluh1

Finally, there's no substitute for practice. The campaigns are realistic, so in an hour and a half of flying you might fight for 30-60 seconds. A good place to try and get better at dogfighting is on the YoYo server. From personal experience and I can confirm it's painful and disheartening to get shot down over and over but very gradually you will see a significant improvement. If you just fly on campaigns, or even on other servers which will remain nameless, it's harder to get that concentrated exposure.

Cheers