New Pilot

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Grunt
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

New Pilot

Post by Grunt » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:19 pm

Hey it's Grunt, just your average history enthusiast and simulation fan. I reside on the western coast of the United States and I joined to fly for the RAF. I have been playing flight sims since I was a little kid but have never really tried to play them fully immersed in realism. I am here to learn how to fly and fight and improve my skills. Looking forward to flying with the ACG.

Shadepiece

Re: New Pilot

Post by Shadepiece » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:51 pm

Hey Grunt,

Glad you've come looking to join up! If you need any help getting squared away with cliffs and the RAF planes one of those fine gents will be along soon enough. Welcome.

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:57 pm

Excellent taste there Grunt - the RAF can always make use of fine upstanding fodder/recruits! Many of the RAF squadrons train on Thursday nights - feel free to pop into our channel on Teamspeak and drop into one of the RAF squadrons. 1930 UK-side is a good time to find people, which is GMT+1 at the moment, so 1030 your time? Failing that, join us for the Sunday mission this Sunday - I think we have another before we take a break for our annual Flying Legends piss-up (let's not pretend it's any more than that) at Duxford. Pop on Teamspeak about 1900 GMT+1 again and you'll be found a squadron to fly with. If you manage Thursday first then we can make sure you won't get your arse handed to you by jerry too soon on the Sunday :D

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Kai Lae

Post by Kai Lae » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:49 am

They say duxford because they have no comprehension about EAA. I hear planes of fame in Chino is nice too...

Grunt
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Grunt » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:14 am

I used to live a few miles from the Planes of Fame. I couldn't have been more than 2 years old when my father first took me there. I still drive down from time to time to just check on the progress of some of their restoration projects. It's a great collection.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:35 am

Nice. See you on Sunday if not later today