New Pilot Reporting for Duty!

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

GoalieVogel

New Pilot Reporting for Duty!

Post by GoalieVogel » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:56 pm

Hello all!

My name is Eric and I have been a huge militaria collector since I was 8 years old (28 now). History is my life and I love learning about the World Wars. I have always loved the aviation history of WWII. My grandfather flew B-17s and B-29s. I actually have a large Luftwaffe collection and I'd love to share some pictures of it sometime. I just bought a joystick (should arrive sometime next week) and I will be purchasing Cliffs of Dover next week as well. I have never flew in the game and will be a raw recruit. If anyone has tips or would like to teach me some tricks sometime next week, I'd appreciate it. I look forward to flying with you gents!

Thaine

Re: New Pilot Reporting for Duty!

Post by Thaine » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:27 pm

Hei Eric,

Welcome to ACG. We have a dedicated area for training requests http://aircombatgroup.co.uk/forum/viewt ... f=3&t=4580 . Tell us when you're ready for your flight training. I and almost every other ACG member is happy to help.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

HotLunch

Post by HotLunch » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:31 pm

Hello!

Watching some youtube videos of basic startup etc can help familiarize you with aircraft as well. Check out the Flight School tab on the main webpage for a good starting point.
More vodka Comrade!

Miek

Post by Miek » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:40 pm

Like Thaine said, most of us are happy to help. What time zone are you in? There's a nice spread of folks across nearly every one of them (RAF and Luftwaffe both).

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:27 pm

Hi Eric, good to have you on board. Have no fear about being a raw recruit - that's ACG's bread and butter. Before long you'll be up, up and away and so on, and in a lot of ways the best intro to our campaign can be as a complete beginner who's only just learned to fly - it's nice and historical that way :D

I guess since you have a large Luftwaffe collection that you're thinking of flying for those rotten stinking huns, but no doubt they'll be able to assist you in learning to fly their dastardly death-machines. Look forward to seeing you up in the blue :salute:
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

GoalieVogel

Post by GoalieVogel » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:09 am

Hello everyone! Thank you all for the kind words and I will be for sure checking out the flight training. I am in in the United States on est time. I am honestly ok to go to whatever country needs me the most. I'm good cannon fodder! I'd much prefer the Germans, but it's not a make or break for me by any means. I'm excited for next week to come and I can get to flying and learning! I may or may not be wearing my flight jacket while playing ;-)

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:11 pm

Welcome Eric, as all of the others have said. Keep coming and we'll get you involved :)

GoalieVogel

Post by GoalieVogel » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:50 am

Thank you! I have watched a bunch of videos and once the joystick arrives in the mail...I'll let you gentleman know! :-)

GoalieVogel

Post by GoalieVogel » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:22 pm

Great and exciting news! I received the joystick much earlier than I thought and I will be purchasing Cliff of Dover when I get home. Would anyone like my steam account? Thank you!

Kai Lae

Post by Kai Lae » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:20 pm

You should keep that, I think...:)

If you mean after you join, dickie will need your steam ID so you can be friended.