Acquisition of Medals

ACG Fall of France and Battle of Britain Campaigns

Moderators: Thaine, Falcon, Administration Staff

Spectre
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Acquisition of Medals

Postby Spectre » Sun May 07, 2017 5:04 pm

I understand, this wouldn't be the first time an idea of mine has gotten shot down. Plus the push back could be quite intense as it would make medals further and fewer between, but I am willing to put some time and effort and want to find a way to make them more rewarding.
"On the edge of destiny, you must test your strength"
- Air Marshal Billy Bishop

Dickie
Air Commodore
Air Commodore
ACG Staff
Contributor

Postby Dickie » Mon May 08, 2017 2:21 pm

Thaine wrote:Spectre,

I suggest you read through this thread http://aircombatgroup.co.uk/forum/viewt ... =66&t=4076

Thinking about it, that thread should be on the website in dedicated pages.

Bunny
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
Contributor

Postby Bunny » Mon May 08, 2017 2:55 pm

Kildren wrote:...I find weakness and exploit it hence why i have more kills then some people who have flown in ACG campaigns for a lot longer then me and i'm not a good shot by any means...

"Ooh, look at that shot up Hurricane diving to the deck to get out of the fight - that's a weakness I can exploit"

Our valiant hun decends from 10,000ft to 5,000ft to hit the venting Hurricane.

"Damn, I missed on the first pass, I shall try again."

The enemy Hurricane drops to under a 1,000ft - it looks as though he may not want to fight!

"Bugger, I just clipped him on the second pass - I must get him before he gets too close to that airfield that he may be heading for ahead of us."

Clipping the tree tops the cowardly Hurricane, his engine packing up, refuses to turn and be exploited.

"Oh blast my shitty shooting, the third pass only wounded him. Oh look - there's the airfield, I'd best climb back up now in case the enemy ground crew wake up!"

:nice:
"A good landing is one you can walk away from. A great landing is one you can walk away from with your pint intact."

Spectre
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Spectre » Tue May 30, 2017 11:23 pm

Hey guys! STATUS UPDATE!

As of right now I am slowly chugging away with my proposal, as of right now progress is slow since I intend on being;

1) Historically Accurate

2) Clear and Concise

3) Realistic

and lastly 4) Thorough

Finding the time to devote %100 of my attention towards it is becoming increasingly difficult as I am getting busier at work and my free time is becoming increasingly scarce. I want to just let everyone know (If you even care :zzz: ) that I have not given up and I still intend to get it done, but I am wondering if anyone would care to at some point see what I have so far and maybe if you're as enthusiastic about this as I am help me with this idea. If not, I am always welcome to constructive criticism and wouldn't mind some proof readers from all walks of ACG to see if I can take it in a more realistic direction or find a better way to present some of my points. This is something that as I keep going I find myself facing more and more restraints and I am faced with the challenge of developing an intricate system whilst ensuring it is streamlined and effective enough not to burden those who it requires to take on extra work.

So if you would like to proof read or even lend a helping hand just send me a PM and I can grant access to this wonderful document!

Thanks

Thaine
Unterfeldwebel
Unterfeldwebel
ACG Staff
Contributor

Postby Thaine » Wed May 31, 2017 8:01 am

Spectre,

I strongly suggest you post regular updates of your ideas and work in this thread. This will save you from wasting your time. The whole thing needs to be implemented in ACG routines and the database, so Staff and I need to have a look at it, in order to tell you if it is possible and where you need to make changes and compromises. It's easier for us and better for you if we can intervene right away and not have to wait until your whole plan is finished, only to tell you then that it is technically or in some other way not possible.
Cooler Master HAF 932 / Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / Intel i7-920@3.6 GHz / 12 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX970 4GB / SAMSUNG HD103UJ / SAMSUNG HD753LJ / NorthQ NQ-4775-850-Flex 850W / WINDOWS 7 64-bit / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Spectre
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Spectre » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:47 pm

Ill keep that in mind, however in the current state it would be mostly incoherent so once I get it into a state worthy of being the "First Draft" I will make it available for all to see.

Return to “Our Campaigns”