ACG Fall of France and Battle of Britain Campaigns

Moderators: Thaine, Falcon, Administration Staff

Frederf
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant
ACG Staff

Re: GCV - Cheeky Curry Edition

Postby Frederf » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:22 pm

I noticed the installer didn't have rights to auto-run GCV unless I ran the installer as admin. It may be the case that an unelevated installer doesn't have the ability to set folder rights properly or similar.

Confirm, Katt's install couldn't read data files properly (pilot list only had final plot). A reinstall with admin rights worked normally.

I had that disappearing 110 (think it was me?) on 2.2. Is it just an issue with the quality of the data file?

Donkez
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter
Contributor
Location: Bomber *Command* County :D - Buckinghamshire, England

Postby Donkez » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:50 am

It's the raw data bastard file. And the unknown "constant" that denotes how many seconds on average are between each legit move. In this instance if I unspool Broadsword's raw data and plot the X compontent against the X component I derive in my interpolated curve, I see that over time they begin to diverge slightly. Which suggests the constant is wrong. And given that some people have longer tracks than others, and that they start at different times, these tiny errors accumulate over time and sometimes, unfortunatley, result in synching errors between the tracks. I derive the constant by taking a sum of all distinct "moves" in the data across the entire mission (note that all aircraft update on the same clock) and dividing the clock time between the first move and the last move by this number. This seems to work well when we have AI bombers as they start in the air and tend to hang about until the mission ends (they don't despawn) ... which means that we have no "dead" time where no one is moving. This last mission, however, had no AI. And I suspect this is the more pertinent reason for the slippage (it is conceivable that there may have been a time mid mission, say, when there were no aircraft actually moving. This would reduce the denominator and make the constant artificially high). However, the brutal truth is that the constant isn't really a constant and because we have no time points to tie our data to we will always have small synch problems. Which really sucks. I need to think about this some more.

Broadsword
Flying Officer
Flying Officer
Contributor

Postby Broadsword » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:32 am

I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Donkez
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter
Contributor

Postby Donkez » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:31 pm

It's not even that... I HAVE FOUND IT!!

It's because you bastards often spawn more than once. And some of you even spawn again *after* the mission has ended. This completely wonks up my data cleaning. However, now I know about it ... I can fix it. Ignore previous "huh" post and bear with. Oh and Broady - chuck me the Burdizzos would you? I need to punish some of my code.

Broadsword
Flying Officer
Flying Officer
Contributor

Postby Broadsword » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:18 pm

You can have my old set - they're a little rusty and they occasionally stick a bit, but I'm sure they'll do the trick :D
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Donkez
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter
Contributor

Postby Donkez » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:34 pm

Right. Well that was fun. Not.
New version (2.5) built, available on page 1 of this thread. A few things to note:

1) If anyone says the tracks are off now, well I have Broady's Burdizzos. And I will use them on you. I am very confident that track synching is now *spot on* so you had better be *very* confident that GCV is messing up in order to come crying to me... It's been an utter fucking bastard to get right, not least because of multiple spawns, but it should now be fixed. AND I NEVER WANT TO LOOK AT THAT BIT OF CODE AGAIN.
2) You will now see a "_X" following each pilot. This denotes the flight (well, technically, spawn) number (so Tex, for instrance, is _5 in this track as he seems to have had spawning problems and spawned 5 times before finally taking off). I could get rid of it ... but that means I would have to put it back in for public (where people will legitimately spawn more than once). You should only ever see a single flight for your given pilot in campaign though as I only show flights that last over about 5 minutes.
3) With regards to public and the GCV, when I get around to it I will need to add faction to each spawn. At the moment if you spawn in first as LW (say) you will always be LW for the duration of the GCV track *even if you respawn as RAF*. This is because I only record faction on first spawn as GCV was built for Campaign... It needs fixing, it's on my list.
4) I see some events still aren't being displayed. I'll look into it and overhaul that bit of code at some point. It is also on my list.

Thaine
Unterfeldwebel
Unterfeldwebel
ACG Staff
Contributor

Postby Thaine » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:49 am

:nice:
Cooler Master HAF 932 / Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / Intel i7-920@3.6 GHz / 12 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX970 4GB / SAMSUNG HD103UJ / SAMSUNG HD753LJ / NorthQ NQ-4775-850-Flex 850W / WINDOWS 7 64-bit / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Return to “Our Campaigns”