Congratulations Jammy & 501

Idle chat for all ACG and friends

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Bunny

Congratulations Jammy & 501

Post by Bunny » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:30 am

I know he'll probably be mentioned in dispatches (he should be!) but I'd like to publicly raise a glass to F/Sgt Jammy for downing Oberstleutnant Pitti, Kommodore of Stab/JG26, in yesterday's mission, dated 28th May 1940.

As my understanding of the incident lies, Jammy was lost from the rest of his flight and found himself in a slight pickle amidst a group of enemy 109s. He espied the infamous hun on the six of another friendly fighter and, with the pluck and bravado the 501 lads are so noted for, decided to jump in and give a helping hand. Having damaged the Kommodore's aircraft, he was seen to parachute, but no canopy was observed and it can only be assumed the Kommodore is currently being hastily scraped into a jam jar from the roads of the hapless village upon which he undoubtedly landed with an audible thud. No doubt the contents of the jam jar will be mourned and celebrated for the brave fighter he was, but our very own "Jam Jar" Jammy was thrown a celebration that will live on in perpetuity within the annals of 501's history, with copious quantities of 'premium' lemonade quoffed by all, and doughnuts with jam inside (they'll never catch on) all round.

Congratulations also go to W/O Broadsword for messing up one 109 and sharing in the timely destruction of another 109 (they really should learn not to tangle); to W/O Miki who managed to trace his signature in bullet holes into a 109, before landing his crate at our home base on nothing more than a gnat fart's worth of fuel; and to F/Sgt Geordie who, despite an inordinate amount of trouble with his kite rendering it unflyable, landed successfully in occupied territory and is, by all account, currently being assessed for fitness for duty by the local town's nurse, Florette. His telegram to the station assures us he will be fighting fit and ready to give the hun one, as soon as he's done the same to Florette.

And last, but not least, we salute our eye-in-the-sky, the man-who-can, the Cher Homme of the Chain Home, F/O Bully, who bravely offered up the ultimate sacrifice in the defence of the great nation of France during this mission. In his honour, all members of 501 will take part in an inter-squadron cricket match this coming Sunday, and afterwards build little balsa aircraft from kit form (to be supplied) and sink a few Normandy cidres.

:salute:

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Pariah

Re: Congratulations Jammy & 501

Post by Pariah » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:15 pm

Looks like I missed a good one. Congrats to all involved and especially to Jammy. That's one heck of a scalp.

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:19 pm

Hear, hear! An excellent showing from a sadly depleted 501 last night. Long will I recall the long string of R/T chatter as we tried to ascertain Jammy's location, then worried for him as he announced that he was all alone tangling with 109s, then cursed as we still couldn't find out where he was, then worried some more as he announced that the 109s seemed to have no such problem finding him, then got really worried when he told us that he thought 615 were in the area ( ;) ) and then the sudden joy when he announced that he'd downed a 109 and he thought it was Pitti :shock: And then, with the pressure off he even managed to figure out his location and navigate (or perhaps orienteer given his stated altitude of 'lower than a bulldog's bollocks on a hot day') all the way back to Rouen Booze so as not to miss the party we held in his honour :nice:

For he's a jolly good fellow and all that, may god bless him and all who sail in him. Three cheers for James 'Jam Jar' Jammy Jameson, the fighting Swede of 501. Hip hip hooray, etc. etc repeat as necessary... :salute:
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Hawkeye
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Hawkeye » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:33 pm

Well done Jammy and the rest of 501!

Archangel

Post by Archangel » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:38 pm

Well done Jammy,

An outstanding achievement for you and 501.....

Now all you have to do is go get his mates.....

Start with that Kuntz fella if you can.....

Good luck.
"Never argue with an idiot - they only drag you down to their level and then beat you on experience" (Unknown)

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:45 pm

He's a slippery one that Kuntz...a slippery Kuntz, so to speak.

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Jammy

Post by Jammy » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:24 pm

My goodness!
I do like to shoot down planes yes I do

Menace

Post by Menace » Wed May 25, 2016 4:40 pm

bravo gentlemen! Bravo
Ayy blyat!