BoB2 Campaign Summary

RAF From 540. Flight reports from the 2nd Battle of Britain Campaign. Only ACG RAF can post

Moderators: Board of Directors, Administration Staff, Skin Team, Treasurers

Robo

BoB2 Campaign Summary

Post by Robo » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:07 pm

Now as the SoWC campaign is over, what about a quick evaluation and recap? I know there have been many issues with performance, missions, mostly game as such. Mind you we flew the 7 missions on 3 different Hurricanes and every time they behaved different due to the beta patches :lol: But thanks everyone, it was great fun!

I suggest we get some sort of ribbon for the ones who participated so we remember this event as our first campaign in CloD:

No.501_ Meaker
No.501_Drake
No.501_Hollywood
No.501_Jean-Francois
No.501_Osprey
No.501_Robo.
No.501_Siddich
No.501_Teepee
No.501_Wedge
(and Valec)

Same for No.64 and No.401 and I believe even the evil guys from JG26 deserve some sort of memorabilia, a coffee cup with Goering face on it or something like that...

As for the actual results and stats, I got a PM from Vogler and if anyon wants to add some kills and claims that have been not (typically) cought by the game, please let me know. Vogler says it's a 5 minute job and he's happy to do that for us.

The best part is that we started to practice and we focused on our flying tactics much more. The campaign as such can be only seen as a testing platform, but the skills we've learned are helpful and won't wash away easily. We all see there is much room for improvement, do we!!

I try to get some stats for each pilot, feel free to comment. I might as well send the claims to Vogler in the end so the missing data can be added into their system if you want:

http://70.176.212.41:8888/ClodStats/html/index.php

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No.501_ Meaker - 1 combat sortie (mission 1)

Mission 1 - disco

no claims (didn't paricipate in the campaign due to performance issues)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No.501_Drake - 7 combat sorties (missions 1 - 7)

Mission 1 - KIA (?)
Mission 2 - KIA
Mission 3 - KIA
Mission 4 - landed ok
Mission 5 - landed wounded
Mission 6 - landed OK (?)
Mission 7 - landed OK

1x Bf 110 destroyed (5)
2x Ju-87 destroyed (6)
2x Ju-87 damaged (6)
1x He-111 destroyed (7)
1x He-111 damaged (7)

Overall:
4 destroyed
3 damaged

No.501_Hollywood - 6 combat sorties (missions 2 - 7)

Mission 2 - disco
Mission 3 - shot down, bailed out OK
Mission 4 - disco
Mission 5 - landed ok
Mission 6 - landed damaged
Mission 7 - landed ok

2x Bf 110 destroyed (5)
1x Bf 110 damaged (5)

Overall:
2 destroyed
1 damaged

No.501_Jean-Francois - 3 combat sorties (missions 1, 4 and 6)

Mission 1 - landed OK
Mission 4 - KIA (not sure if this is the mission that counted)

Overall:
no claims

No.501_Osprey - 6 combat sorties (mission 1 and 3 - 7)

Mission 1 - shot down, bailed out OK
Mission 3 - shot down, bailed out OK
Mission 4 - KIA
Mission 5 - landed damaged
Mission 6 - landed OK
Mission 7 - shot down, bailed out OK

2x Bf-110 destroyed (5)
2x He-111 probably destroyed (7)
1x He-111 damaged (7)

Overall:
2 destroyed
2 probably destroyed
1 damaged

No.501_Robo. - 4 combat sorties (missions 2, 3, 4 and 7)

Mission 2 - belly-landed OK
Mission 3 - landed OK
Mission 4 - landed OK
Mission 7 - landed OK

1x Bf 109 probably destroyed (2)
1x Bf 109 probably destroyed (3)
2x Bf 109 damaged (3)
0.33 x Do-17 destroyed (4)
1x He-111 destroyed (7)
1x He-111 damaged (7)
1x Bf 109 damaged (7)
0.5x Bf 109 destroyed (7)

Overall:
1.83 destroyed
2 probably destroyed
4 damaged

No.501_Siddich - 5 combat sorties (missions 3 - 7)

Mission 3 - KIA
Mission 4 - crashlanded, wounded
Mission 5 - landed ok
Mission 7 - landed damaged

0.33x Do-17 destroyed (4)
1x Bf 110 destroyed (5)
1x He-111 destroyed (7)

Overall:
2.33 destroyed

No.501_Teepee - 3 combat sorties (missions 3, 4 and 6)

Mission 3 - landed damaged
Mission 4 - disco / landed ok
Mission 6 - landed ok

Overall:
no claims

No.501_Wedge - 2 combat sorties (missions 3 and 7)

Mission 3 - KIA
Mission 7 - shot down, bailed out OK

Overall:
no claims

Valec - 4 combat sorties (missions 4 - 7)

Mission 4 - landed ok
Mission 5 - landed ok
Mission 6 - landed ok
Mission 7 - KIA

0.33x Do-17 destroyed (4)
1x Bf 109 destroyed (4)
2x Bf 110 destroyed (5)
1x Bf 109 destroyed (5)
1x Bf 109 probably destroyed (5)
1x Bf 109 damaged (5)
1x Bf 109 probably destroyed (6)
1x He-111 destroyed (7)
1x He-111 damaged (7)

Overall:
5.33 destroyed
2 probably destroyed
2 damaged

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Re: No.501 SoW campaign reports

Post by Dickie » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:41 pm

Really like the idea of a campaign ribbon. There has to be a BOB type one, Wedge is good for this sort of stuff. If not go ahead and design something Robo (after the ACG logo though!)

And when is Valec going to join us? ;) Good practice for his English!

Robo

Post by Robo » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:19 pm

Osprey wrote:Really like the idea of a campaign ribbon. There has to be a BOB type one, Wedge is good for this sort of stuff. If not go ahead and design something Robo (after the ACG logo though!)

And when is Valec going to join us? ;) Good practice for his English!
Yeah I am back at home now, I'll work on the logo. I tried but got a bit stuck, will start from scratch again... :ugeek:

The ribbon woud be very simple, I don't know how the BoB stuff looked like for sure, I shall wait for Mr. Wedge.

Valec is great guy and superb pilot but unfortunately, he doesn't speak English at all. I am quite bad but he simply never learned it, he can say 'Hi' and 'Break'. He uses these 2 words in conversation with common English people on holidays etc. I've known him for a very long time as a guy from 1946, he flies with 3.IAP, which is probably the best 'red' squad from 1946 community in Czech and Slovak area. We used to fly together quite a lot when all this CloD jazz started, that's why I called him over to fly with us in the campaign because 1 he enjoys events like that and 2 he's a bloody good pilot. But I think it would be annoying and awkward to speak other language than English on comms.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:09 am

Shame, because he's good at killing Hun ;)

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 am

No doubt Wedge will correct me if I'm wrong, but this bar was awarded to fighter pilots who flew in the BoB:

http://www.lancs.ac.uk/staff/hartleyi/bobclasp.htm

It was attached to the standard 1939-1945 Star.

Robo, thanks for putting the stats up, fantastic stuff! My kills don't look too bad, despite 3 KIAs (yes, first mission I was KIA). Bloody hun!

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:50 pm

Ah yes, I think it was Billy Drake (or someone like him) who found this clasp a real smack in the face from the Government. He said that they got nothing until about mid-43 (when a pile more BoB pilots had been killed in the circuses and rhubarbs under those fools Leigh-Mallory and Douglas Badar) and when it came he was expecting gilt silver at least, not the piece of tin which would've cost the Government sixpence for the job lot!