This is long but it's pretty good... at least I think so...

Where you can pick up on your daily propaganda

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Louisa von Dart

This is long but it's pretty good... at least I think so...

Post by Louisa von Dart » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:02 pm

If I'm going down...it's with all guns firing !

Rostic

Re: This is long but it's pretty good... at least I think so...

Post by Rostic » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:11 pm

Nice soundtrack, as always.

I apologize, but now I want to write a bit of criticism and tip how to improve your videos :D

1) I see that spec of your PC is not top and game runing in "medium/high" graphics settings. This is well visible mainly because camera stays in permanent point to long. Solution: Take away the opportunity for the viewer to focus on the details. There is no dialogs in your videos, so you can change the point of view every 3-10 seconds. Play a bit more with different camera positions that game provide (check key settings). Also try to add more close up views (like on thumbnail on your video and even more closer), this can add some cinematic effect to video.
Yes, I know. This will take much more time for video making, but I guess you have this time because you publish new videos pretty often.

2) White text on black screen with descriptions poping up too often. It is good to have some desrpition displayed this way in points where you have to skip some long period of time. But when you want to make a piont on things happening and add some comment it is much better to show this text over the video. I do not know what software your are using, but usually there are two time lines for video and you can put image with text and transparent background on second video timeline, over the main clip on first video time line. I'm using GIMP for images with transperent background. It has very simple tool to make any color transparent.

3) Spend some time to search tutorials for your video editor of how to use simple effects like fading or another transitions. Usually no expert skill required for applying such effects.

Hope to see new videos with some of this improvements :salute:

If something sound strange or wrong - this is because I used google translate to write so long text in English.
Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7Ghz, DDR4 16Gb 2666Mhz, Asus Prime Z370-A, ADATA XPG SX8200 240Gb (PCIe Gen3x4), RTX 2060 6Gb

Louisa von Dart

Post by Louisa von Dart » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:37 pm

Thanks... I agree with you about the subtitles. I'm using Wondershare Filmpro and I haven't yet found a way to put text straight onto the video. I did use Hitfilm Express before and it was easy. I'll find a way...

As for changing the camera POV more often... It is one of the things I find most annoying in other people's vids. They change so often there is no continuity, so I avoid doing that. As for Zooming in on things, it might be " cinematic " but pilots didn't have Zoom in those days. It's a game but I like it to look as real as possible. But, yes... seeing an enemy pilot get a cannon shell in the back of the head would look good in a vid.

These are my specs.. System Model: HP Compaq Elite 8300 CMT
BIOS: K01 v02.90 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16328MB RAM Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

all running on a Model: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB.

I basically built this thing myself after getting a cheap 8300 on Amazon.

It eats this game alive.... I'm not sure I need more than 60FPS really. I'll recheck my settings to ensure they are on highest possible. I did a clean re-install last week and probably forgot to custom set them.

I want to thank you for taking the time to give your advice. I do appreciate that :) The main problem with this latest vid was that it was too danged long. Those 109's were harder to kill than usual. Yes, I have all the time in the world ( when my wife lets me ) so I'll try out some new things in the next one.

Cheers, Louisa.

ArcEye
Leutnant
Leutnant
contributor

Post by ArcEye » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:44 pm

With filmora you can drag the title onto the film where you want it and it will show over the video.

Go to the style of title you want select it drag it the time line above the media file then double click it to edit Font, text and colour of writing. To extend time its on just click and drag on the edge of the title box.

Arceye

Louisa von Dart

Post by Louisa von Dart » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:30 pm

Thanks Arceye... all the preset titles have some annoying latin phrases on them that have to edited out first. It's rather a messy program to use at times. With Hitfilm I could just create a text box directly onto the frame. Much simpler. As for the transitions, they work when they feel like it. I'm sorry I bought it actually. But I'll get the hang of it yet. At least it is fast for the exporting....

Louisa von Dart

Post by Louisa von Dart » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:15 pm

Ok, I figured it out. I wasn't using the correct " timeline " for subtitles. I'm redoing the vid and it will be up soon... Thanks for the tip !

ArcEye
Leutnant
Leutnant
contributor

Post by ArcEye » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:22 pm

Your welcome i'm fairly new to it myself. Its a bit fussy at times but I think it gives an ok end product for the outlay, especially for my needs.