Mission - Down to their last reserves

Where you can pick up on your daily propaganda

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Spirit

Re: Mission - Down to their last reserves

Post by Spirit » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:35 pm

Yeah I totally agree with you ZYK but I couldn't leave those guys alone down there without trying to help at least
Catch me if you can...

Screwball

Post by Screwball » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:06 pm

Jackman wrote: Would like to know who the two hurricanes where at 13:31 and 17:10 :D
My assumption is that the one at 13:31 was probably one of our lads from No.615. We really did look like a flock of sheep staying in formation that long :P But in the end it's just another lesson learned for next time.
"I had a feeling of the essential rightness of it all, he was dead and I was alive. It could of so easily been the other way around and that would somehow have been right to."
-Richard Hillary

Zyk

Post by Zyk » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:33 pm

yea, i understand the 'help your buddies' thing. i almost went for it, too, but since i couldn't make out anything from where i was, i figured i would just waste altitude for nothing if i didn't have a target picked before diving in. my staffel got jumped at around 4k just before the furball, we lost one guy, and i took some heavy hits, but didn't get vented or unflyable damage. i had to do a low angle, high speed dive to get away, way out southeast of southend before i knew it was safe to climb to get altitude back. i have learned not to climb near the combat area. 'helping your buddies' starts with the buddies not getting in bad situations to begin with, then knowing when to get out. after one or two turns in a 109, it is time to get out, especially low. when you see mist coming off of your wingtips in a 109, that is a clue, it is time to leave. i hope the german pilots that got killed or captured learned something from their experience....not that i am some expert, but not having track ir, i can't see shit, so i learned to leave after turning and losing speed, and going way out before climbing again. better luck next time, guys....

Jackman
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan
contributor

Post by Jackman » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:35 pm

Screwball wrote:
Jackman wrote: Would like to know who the two hurricanes where at 13:31 and 17:10 :D
My assumption is that the one at 13:31 was probably one of our lads from No.615. We really did look like a flock of sheep staying in formation that long :P But in the end it's just another lesson learned for next time.
I have to say it was a Impressive sight seeing you guys fly like that into a nest of 109s and spitfires :nice:

May today be better than yesterday, but, not as good as tomorrow.

Woop

Post by Woop » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:45 pm

Jackman wrote:
Screwball wrote:
I have to say it was a Impressive sight seeing you guys fly like that into a nest of 109s and spitfires :nice:
615 are always unphased in the face of danger 8-)

That or we don't see any of it :lol:

Spirit

Post by Spirit » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:05 pm

yeah seeing that entire squadron strut into the fight i was like :O

Someone just flopped their dick on the table and doesn't give a crap
Catch me if you can...