Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Wings Of Liberty Chivalry

Post by Jaydog » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:41 am

When the Russkie bastards see a German Parachute... :lol:

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal

Kondor

Re: Wings Of Liberty Chivalry

Post by Kondor » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:49 am

Pretty decent shot, actually. And historically accurate, in all honesty ;)
"Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you, He will not fail you or forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Post by Jaydog » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:29 am

Kondor wrote:Pretty decent shot, actually. And historically accurate, in all honesty ;)
So historically speaking , Russians were barbaric bastards? :lol:

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:31 am

Jaydog wrote:
Kondor wrote:Pretty decent shot, actually. And historically accurate, in all honesty ;)
Everyone was. You'd be surprised how many pilots made shooting parachutes a habit. Clive Caldwell even got a nickname from his mates because of how merciless he was.

Kondor

Post by Kondor » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:46 am

Precisely. There are recollections of "chivalrous" Polish pilots from BoB period, when they say they didn't shoot Germans swinging down the parachute ropes only because others might have seen it. Presumably, if there were not witnesses, Poles would do that.
It was all the same on every front. Especially on Eastern front, I'd say, taking into consideration Soviet doctrine of Great Partiotic War where every German was a bitter enemy to be anihilated and, on the other hand, Russians were regarded by Germans as sub-human race not worthy of living. Naturally, we all can name some notable exceptions, however WW2 was a war that dehumanized fighting to the point where almost nobody cared for such occurances.
"Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you, He will not fail you or forsake you."

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Post by Jaydog » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:49 am

Onebad wrote:
Jaydog wrote:
Everyone was. You'd be surprised how many pilots made shooting parachutes a habit. Clive Caldwell even got a nickname from his mates because of how merciless he was.

Not saying it didn't happen, because clearly it did on all sides. Based on what I read, most Germans looked down on the practice. I think once we move to Barbarossa, does that mean we can shoot each other in our parachutes, to be historically accurate? :twisted:

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:52 am

I always thought about it this way - if I bounce a guy and he bails, he's free to go. If I get bounced, but after succesful defence he has to bail, he's free to go too. But if this motherfucker kills my friend, and I make him bail then I'll make sure to give him some free falling action, hope skydiving was on his bucket list.

Kondor

Post by Kondor » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:06 am

Onebad wrote:But if this motherfucker kills my friend, and I make him bail then I'll make sure to give him some free falling action, hope skydiving was on his bucket list.
You are so uncompromising and hardlline bad boy, Onebad, it almost gave me a hard on :wank:

Von Archie

Post by Von Archie » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:28 am

You just bombed their base and strafed them, be grateful having your nuts cut off with a blunt knife isn't modelled! :lol:
i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Post by Jaydog » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:29 am

Onebad wrote:I always thought about it this way - if I bounce a guy and he bails, he's free to go. If I get bounced, but after succesful defence he has to bail, he's free to go too. But if this motherfucker kills my friend, and I make him bail then I'll make sure to give him some free falling action, hope skydiving was on his bucket list.

You sir are a savage :lol: :lol: