a matter of catching up with TS capabilities and a ? or 2

Anything and everything to do with Teamspeak goes in here.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant

a matter of catching up with TS capabilities and a ? or 2

Post by Flyby » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:34 pm

Is it OK to use the newest version of TS Client now? I'm wondering if I've missed the boat along the way.

Is it possible to set up more sub-channels? Would it be too cumbersome to have (for instance) Rotte channels? I'm asking because I'm trying to figure out some way to reduce the over-speaking through the channels. It is common for Rotte comms get interrupted by one command voice relying to a whispered comm. It sounds like a one-sided conversation, and though usually brief, such channel over-speaking can come at tactically inopportune moments within a Rotte where information needs to be heard without interruption. Then there are the other interruptions when whispers are sent out all over for everyone to hear. It might be close to historic, but does this aspect really need to be rendered in such high fidelity. Not trying to open up a can of worms. Just need to hear and be heard by whomever I need to hear or be heard by when the need is there.

Is it possible to add client whispers if the client is not online? I think so, but thought I'd ask. I guess I should try it, and use the person's TS i.d.
Flyby out
My Warrior creed:ACG; A good place to be.