Push to talk / Voice activation

Anything and everything to do with Teamspeak goes in here.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Maltloaf
Location: Salisbury Plain, birthplace of British military aviation.

Re: Push to talk / Voice activation

Post by Maltloaf » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:30 am

I am not a fan of this, simply on historic grounds. TS already gives far more function than VHF radio let alone HF and I think 21 century comms are an immersion bubble popper but it's is just an opinion.
"I have never once lost my gratitude for those who were the sentinels and held the line between tyranny and civilisation"

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:41 am

Pitti wrote:I've already disabled the push to talk need on the Polish channel only on Monday. One of them ask me to do so and said you allowed it Kuntz.

I'm not a fan of this as well but as it is only on this channel I can live with it.

Yes I did, I didn't realise it had been done. VA is crap, I can't believe people prefer it.

Malty, I already had a discussion with Pablo about that history. I think we'll just need to convince them at some point - he's not going to like commanding with Polish chit chat going on whilst he's trying to listen to orders.

Kildren

Post by Kildren » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:22 am

Maltloaf wrote:I am not a fan of this, simply on historic grounds. TS already gives far more function than VHF radio let alone HF and I think 21 century comms are an immersion bubble popper but it's is just an opinion.
Well if you know someone who could make us a chat program that is more realistic then go ahead ;) i wouldn't mind a chat program that we can incorporate into the server just like GCV so that when we die we cant speak and proper radio ranges

Speak to me about joining the ACG Pilots Union

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:36 am

Kildren wrote:
Maltloaf wrote:I am not a fan of this, simply on historic grounds. TS already gives far more function than VHF radio let alone HF and I think 21 century comms are an immersion bubble popper but it's is just an opinion.
Well if you know someone who could make us a chat program that is more realistic then go ahead ;) i wouldn't mind a chat program that we can incorporate into the server just like GCV so that when we die we cant speak and proper radio ranges

I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:02 pm

Ideally when dead or injured it would be best to just leave the channel. Would be nice that if the RT set gets a bullet then TS no longer works :D You'd have to see a fucked up radio and realise.

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:29 pm

Kuntz wrote:Ideally when dead or injured it would be best to just leave the channel. Would be nice that if the RT set gets a bullet then TS no longer works :D You'd have to see a fucked up radio and realise.
We should just make this a rule. As soon as you die leave the channel. :lecture:
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Maltloaf
Location: Salisbury Plain, birthplace of British military aviation.

Post by Maltloaf » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:23 pm

Agreed but I always assumed it was an implied rule anyway. Dead men tell no tales etc :vadar:
"I have never once lost my gratitude for those who were the sentinels and held the line between tyranny and civilisation"

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:38 pm

The problem with this is as well that once you leave the room, bitchin-teamspeak-betty will tell everyone. Unless you have silenced her. So to be really sure, people would need to stay in the room and just stay silent.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:49 pm

Thaine wrote:The problem with this is as well that once you leave the room, bitchin-teamspeak-betty will tell everyone. Unless you have silenced her. So to be really sure, people would need to stay in the room and just stay silent.
You mean people still have the sounds on?

Kildren

Post by Kildren » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:05 pm

God i turned mine of after my first mission

user has joined your channel