FMB Tutorial Videos

Discussion regarding mapping and missions in here - we are talking FMB chaps. Perhaps you are building a mission for the server or for campaign? Talk to the experts - we always need people willing to muck in so don't be shy!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Re: FMB Tutorial Videos

Post by Dickie » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:16 am

Brilliant. OK, let's get these onto the website. Pitti and I will need to talk about redesign and see when he can fit in such changes, or if he can or if someone else can.

I can build the pages but presently we don't have a resources section.

Bonkin

Post by Bonkin » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:49 pm

Nice work mate. I can't review them at work - but I do suggest we add you to the ACG YouTube account so that you can upload them direct to that instead of your own channel - if you're happy to do that?

If you are then I can discuss with you on TS or via PM how we go about getting you access.

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:22 pm

Hi Bonkin, I already have access to the ACG Youtube channel so I can get them loaded up there no problem.

I will complete the set first, probably another 3 - 4 videos, then if you are happy with them I will upload them to the ACG channel.

Hindsight

Post by Hindsight » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:21 pm

Boyezee sorry I missed this on Saturday. I had ram go bad and subsequently spent the rest of the day figuring out what the problem was/installing windows again. Thans for taking the time to do this!
A little bit of smart is much more effective than a lot of stupid

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:58 pm

Added 2 more :)

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:04 pm

Hindsight wrote:Boyezee sorry I missed this on Saturday. I had ram go bad and subsequently spent the rest of the day figuring out what the problem was/installing windows again. Thans for taking the time to do this!
No worries mate, if you fancy giving the FMB a go just use the tutorials and use the basemap in the dropbox link in the OP :nice:

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Mon May 04, 2015 2:20 pm

Added another one

I'm approaching the end of these tutorials, I have one other I may do and that will probably be it.

If there is anything else that anybody thinks should be covered let me know and if it's something I can do I will make a tutorial.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Mon May 04, 2015 5:00 pm

Just one thing I noticed on the added flak to ships. I noticed that you didn't transfer into 3D mode to get a good look, sort of assuming that 9m zoffest was fine, but zoomed in you will see shadow so I can see these are 'floating'. So, select the object and hit return to zoom into it and see if that position is correct. Hit return again to jump back to 2D view. You'll find that you will need to apply a decimal place on that zoffset, probably anyway.

Bonkin

Post by Bonkin » Mon May 04, 2015 6:43 pm

Osprey wrote:Just one thing I noticed on the added flak to ships. I noticed that you didn't transfer into 3D mode to get a good look, sort of assuming that 9m zoffest was fine, but zoomed in you will see shadow so I can see these are 'floating'. So, select the object and hit return to zoom into it and see if that position is correct. Hit return again to jump back to 2D view. You'll find that you will need to apply a decimal place on that zoffset, probably anyway.
Just to add to this... when zoomed in close in can sometimes be tricky to accurately place an object if you've got high mouse sensitivity. The way around this is to hold down either the F1, F2 or F3 keys whilst dragging - they provide different levels of sensitivity during drag positioning (which is very useful).

Question from me though... I've noticed that French Port Cranes have an annoying habit of rotating in their mounts. I'd love to know how to stop it - if anybody has the answer?

Excellent videos Boyezee. I'd be very happy for them to go on our YT as they are. :salute:

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Tue May 05, 2015 3:44 pm

Osprey wrote:Just one thing I noticed on the added flak to ships. I noticed that you didn't transfer into 3D mode to get a good look, sort of assuming that 9m zoffest was fine, but zoomed in you will see shadow so I can see these are 'floating'. So, select the object and hit return to zoom into it and see if that position is correct. Hit return again to jump back to 2D view. You'll find that you will need to apply a decimal place on that zoffset, probably anyway.
Ok thanks, wasn't even aware that there was a 3D mode :lol: , sounds useful, I will re-do this video at some point then
Bonkin wrote:Excellent videos Boyezee. I'd be very happy for them to go on our YT as they are. :salute:
Good stuff, thank you Bonkin, I will start loading them up sometime this week