Driving tanks

Discussion regarding mapping and missions in here - we are talking FMB chaps. Perhaps you are building a mission for the server or for campaign? Talk to the experts - we always need people willing to muck in so don't be shy!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Santiago

Driving tanks

Post by Santiago » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:10 pm

Hi all, thanks for taking the time to read this. The other day i saw a video by phil style where he was driving tanks.... so, how do you do it? I am talking SINGLE PLAYER here...i've tried placing all the tanks on the map and looking for the tab where it says something like "player vehicle" or suchlike but no joy. Can anyone point me in the right direction or is it only available in multiplayer? Its just that i really want a ww2 tank sim....and having the option in COD seemed like a great change to Spits!!

Thanks again
610_santiago

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Re: Driving tanks

Post by Dickie » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:24 pm

It has to be set up in the missions itself, which is easy enough. I was thinking of setting up a tank server at some point. If you want to learn how to do it and just need a server to run your mission on then just go ahead and I'll supply the server.

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:50 pm

Kuntz wrote:It has to be set up in the missions itself, which is easy enough. I was thinking of setting up a tank server at some point. If you want to learn how to do it and just need a server to run your mission on then just go ahead and I'll supply the server.
Could we implement this for Sunday?
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:50 pm

Rather not mix the two atm. TF5 campaign, operating ground guns etc, Donkey spawning shit in and out - could be awesome!

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:14 pm

Kuntz wrote:Rather not mix the two atm. TF5 campaign, operating ground guns etc, Donkey spawning shit in and out - could be awesome!
I'm just a little excited
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:24 pm

Make a mission then, let's try some of this shit out.

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:44 pm

I ain't a mission builder I don't have a clue. You played my 1946 missions right?

Bully

Post by Bully » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:59 pm

I have a mission I built with tanks - if we want to run it I will need to do a bit of tidying - but it works

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:28 pm

Let's try it then, ace.

Santiago

Post by Santiago » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:46 pm

hi kuntz and everyone,
i was actually trying to figure out how to do it for single player....using the FMB of course, could you point me in the right direction? Again, CAN it be done in Single Player or ONLY on multiplayer?
've messed around with the Bofors guns on MultiPlayer and i imagine getting into a tank on MultiPlayer is the same....BUT in SinglePlayer???