FMB historical resources & (eventually) Samba's templates

Discussion regarding mapping and missions in here - we are talking FMB chaps. Perhaps you are building a mission for the server or for campaign? Talk to the experts - we always need people willing to muck in so don't be shy!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Samba

FMB historical resources & (eventually) Samba's templates

Post by Samba » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:25 pm

Been working on a template for the whole map for July 1940. Since I've gone and joined the ACG, I thought you lot might appreciate the information I've been using. Attached you will find a (zipped) .txt containing the OOB for Balloon Command, July 31st 1940. A lot of balloons to put on the map, but it looks fantastic when it's done!

More to come when I find the time! :salute:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Boyezee

Re: FMB historical resources & (eventually) Samba's template

Post by Boyezee » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:30 pm

Thanks Samba, just noticed this thread, I will check it out

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:16 am

I posted a message about this thread in the campaigns forum, I take it nobody took any notice :( Talk to Samba about getting involved on the FMB team???

Samba

Post by Samba » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:32 pm

Took a while to figure out how to get these readable. Turns out screenies are the way to go. These are the AA deployments. 2 more below due to limits...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Samba

Post by Samba » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:33 pm

And the rest...

Samba

Post by Samba » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:40 pm

And here is a .mis file (RARed) with the guns and balloons placed. Nothing fancy in terms of gun placement. I just plonked them down in likely looking places. No vehicles or sandbags or anything. That's for another day!

Now to find out about the LW flak defenses and add those in. :lux:

Samba

Post by Samba » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:05 pm

http://www.gracesguide.co.uk/View_by_Towns

This is an index of British industry that can be used to generate targets.

http://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/#zoom=15 ... &layers=10

And here you will find a series of maps to locate the industries.

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:53 am

Hi Samba

Would you be interested in getting involved in mission building for ACG? do you know how to build AI raids and such stuff?

If you are then let me know, we are always keen for missions to be built for our public server to add to the ones already on there.

It looks like you have gone to some effort to build these templates but I'm not sure if they will port well into our public server, Pitti knows more than me about this but certain things like balloons can cause server issues I believe.

Samba

Post by Samba » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:13 pm

I've never built a multi-player mission, but i can slap together a half decent single-player effort without too much trouble. I know how to set up an AI raid, etc.

I suffered from the balloon issue myself. In my case it was related to which balloon unit i used. The one with a truck and adjustable altitude settings was the one that caused the crashes. Needless to say, I've not used any of them.

Regarding building missions for the server, I'm not sure I know how to set up a mission that runs for several hours, but I do have an idea for how to compress a day's worth of raids into one mission, with goals for both sides. Having said that, I'm not sure how long it will take me to finish it, given RL time constraints.

Anyway, at the minute I'm in rural Ukraine, where my internet connection is shaky, to say the least. How about we have a chat on TS about all this when I return to the (relatively) civilized part of the country? In the mean time I'll plug away at this template and see how far I can get it. I can always edit it later if need be (or simply cut and paste the good bits from it).

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:10 pm

Yeah good stuff, let me know when it is a good time to chat.

If you can build AI raids for single player then you can do it for multiplayer - there is very little difference.

I will ask Pitti about the balloon types, it would be great to have them in the server if they don't fuck things up.