COD Bugtracker

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Meaker

Re: COD Bugtracker

Post by Meaker » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:36 am

Those wizard chaps over at Team Fusion have started work on our Hurricane elevator trim wheel,I think this is much more in keeping with the real trim wheel,well done TF :nice:

I have rather cheekily,pointed out that it is still missing the laminates going through the centre of the wood,but this is a great improvement :)

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:43 am

I was wondering about that - I just figured I was being thick. Does this texture look similar to something already in game from another aircraft or is that just my imagination?

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:22 pm

TBH Meaker it kind of worries me about the overall organisation of the 'project', something that has been offered and suggested but rebuffed (a typical reaction from senior developers in my experience)

There is an apparent situation where people work on whatever they want to and/or that resourcing is poor - eg here you have someone who just decided to do this minor and unimportant 'bug' rather than something else. There are dozens of bugs in the bugtracker with big votes on them and yet they still have a status of 'new' and haven't moved on, yet this little flower, was picked up and fixed immediately. And then this was sent out as an 'update' too - I mean, wtf is going on? There's been not one message for 5 weeks aside this and people have been patiently waiting for a new TF release for ages (over a year now I think??)

On Sunday there were about 150 people online during peak time - this is a very low number - people really are fucking bored - ACG is feeling it in recruitment too.

Meaker

Post by Meaker » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:00 pm

Totally agree Osprey,this is a bit strange,...I never thought in a million years that TF would start work on this little issue,sooooo quickly,and yes,it is a very minor bug,a very minor bug,I said so in my initial thread,so it has come as a surprise for me,as much as it has for chaps like yourself.

I can only conclude that it is easy to remedy,and I don't know,I don't want to poo,poo it too much,as it was my big idea to get it fixed,so I am grateful for this,but I agree,there are other,bigger issues out there that need attention.

TBH I noticed this issue,as soon as I started studying the Hurricane more closely some three years back,but only took the trouble to report it recently because TF5 is on it's way,and I thought I'd stick it in,hoping it could be done in time before the update was released.There are much more important problems to fix,that seem to have been woefully neglected,and hopefully we will see some of these bigger bugs nailed in the next fix,I hope so anyway.

As you know,I am eagerly awaiting 'my Wellington' :) to be implemented in the next update,and with that on board,I am sure the interest will return to ACG and our sim again.I am hoping my current situation in my life,which is taking all of my free time at the moment is set to change soon too,so I can hopefully take advantage of this,and return to the fold again as it were,currently,I am really missing my Sunday night's flying with you chaps.

Meaker

Post by Meaker » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:11 pm

Bunny wrote:I was wondering about that - I just figured I was being thick. Does this texture look similar to something already in game from another aircraft or is that just my imagination?
No,your not being thick Bunny old chap,I just wanted Team Fusion to make the elevator trim wheel to look like the original,that would have been in the Mk1 Hurri.The one modelled in game at present has a metal inner texture,the original was completely made up of wood laminate,hence my 'bug' report.The original developer 1C,apparantly,took it upon themselves to use the 'metal inner texture'from an old Russian Hurricane,which was probably a MkII,when modelling it for COD,so it has been incorrect from the start.

As Osprey has mentioned,it is a small bug,I know this,but I just wanted it to be corrected at some stage in the futre,when you spend a lot of time in that cockpit,it's nice to have it all as it should look,hence my report.I am sure the vast majority of guys flying the Hurricane could'nt give a toss about it,but unfortunately,I am a Hurricane and Wellington 'Anorak' :oops:

Baron le Scrope

Post by Baron le Scrope » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:16 pm

Hope things change for the better soon Meak's old bean, you are missed in the squadron.B.
Antec 900 case,/ Sabertooth P67 MoBo,/ Intel corei7 2600cpu-/- MSI GTX 970 4G Graphics, --WD-1Tb Velociraptor HDD--16g Corsair 2133Mhz Ram/-- Corsair TX 850w PSU /--Samsung40"led TV, TrackiR5, CH J/sick. Warthog Throttle. Corsair Vengeance 2100 H/set/mike. W10 Pro 64, /---Two slightly depressed teabags.

Think nothing of it sir, it was the least I could do, a quantity I specialize in.

Meaker

Post by Meaker » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:24 am

Baron le Scrope wrote:Hope things change for the better soon Meak's old bean, you are missed in the squadron.B.
Thanks Baron old bean,hopefully won't be too long now,I have missed the banter :salute:

Mauf

Post by Mauf » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:18 pm

"Blue section" misses you too:D And I really hope for a proper restart of "fat ladies night" soon:D

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:24 am

According to the latest update most of the bugs we have raised have dropped off the TF radar because not enough of us have voted for them.

The issues with the highest (summary) vote currently are:

58: #725: "BF 110 Airspeed" (New)
49: #581: "RAF fighter engines incorrectly start cold in Multiplayer" (New)
43: #498: "Bf 109: Prop Pitch Inverted" (New)
43: #614: "Large cloud formations do not appear in replay of track (.TRK) files" (New)
42: #690: "Bf 109: The Half Armor Plate in upcoming 109 Variants" (New)
36: #598: "Damage to Gear and/or Flaps when safe speeds exceeded" (New)

Only one of these is 'ours'. Let's not fucking well moan about things that don't work properly then.

Mauf

Post by Mauf » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:33 pm

Got my vote on all the listed issues. To be frank, I don't see the bugtracker voting doing alot when it comes to prioritizing bugs with TF. They do what they want to do and when it's exchanging a texture on a trim wheel over fixing bugs like exploding aircraft on the ground or wrong airspeeds, then it's a new trimwheel we get. Call me defeatist but there is no mechanism in place that gives TF incentive to actually follow them.