Cliffs is a bad game

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Geordie

Re: Cliffs is a bad game

Post by Geordie » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:36 am

FFS Meaker! I'm surprised that beard doesn't get in the way when you're flying!
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:05 pm

What will come first?

- new Tool album

- TF 5.0

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:10 pm

Onebad wrote:What will come first?

- new Tool album

- TF 5.0
Half-Life 3.

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:48 pm

Geordie wrote:FFS Meaker! I'm surprised that beard doesn't get in the way when you're flying!
Who said it was his beard he wasn't going to shave?! That's man-thatch enough to protect a four-bed family home in the Cotswolds that is :nice:

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Javelina

Post by Javelina » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:29 pm

69th_Spiritus_Mortem wrote: So, the Martlet may be one of those aircraft to some. Was it high on the list of priorities? No. Why was it picked? Because I picked it. When I came into TFS, I had about a week of experience in Blender...
SM, one week with Blender when you joined? You've given me hope. I've been dabbling with Blender for a bit, but I'm no where near being the artist you are M8.

Thank you for the detailed reply and your efforts! :salute: :nice:
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, i7-9700k (4.9ghz all cores), NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL-14 3200mhz RAM, RTX3090FE, Soundblaster Z, Yamaha 5.1 A/V, 2x 512GB Samsung NVMe, 1x 1TB Samsung NVMe, Win 10 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, JetSeat KW-908, Reverb G2, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Case, EVGA 850P2 PSU, PointCTRL

Kai Lae

Post by Kai Lae » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:38 am

If I could suggest: The reason many are annoyed is no one has any idea what to expect. Say what you will about Star Citizen, at least it's easy to tell what the schedule for the game is supposed to be:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

Now I wouldn't say that you need to go THAT far, but perhaps: What is holding up the next release? What are the blockers? What are the team working on now? How much stuff is left that needs doing? People can understand delays in game design, but it helps if they have an idea why, and can have an idea when to expect the next release. For a long time now that date has been listed as someday™, which people lose patience over. Explaining the whys of it could go a long way, as well as give everyone an idea of how much longer the waiting is likely to be.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:43 am

Many people over many years have uttered the concept of project management to them, ie that means someone who actually has experience in project management for software. But it not only fell on deaf ears, it is derided and the person making the suggestion publicly assassinated as a moaner/hater/underminer before getting banned.

No, they prefer that method of 'senior software engineer always knows best', which I see fail over and over in similar projects in my professional life. That's why we've had massive scope creep, no timetable, delay, delay, new bullshit ETA's over and over, more scope creep, staff churn on a large scale, failing to understand what the customer needs, ad hoc customer demo and no end in sight. I always keep in mind that the buck stops at the top in these cases.

69th_Spiritus_Mortem

Post by 69th_Spiritus_Mortem » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:44 pm

Javelina wrote:
69th_Spiritus_Mortem wrote: So, the Martlet may be one of those aircraft to some. Was it high on the list of priorities? No. Why was it picked? Because I picked it. When I came into TFS, I had about a week of experience in Blender...
SM, one week with Blender when you joined? You've given me hope. I've been dabbling with Blender for a bit, but I'm no where near being the artist you are M8.

Thank you for the detailed reply and your efforts! :salute: :nice:
Feel free to PM me if you have questions about Blender or whatever.

69th_Spiritus_Mortem

Post by 69th_Spiritus_Mortem » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:46 pm

Kai Lae wrote:If I could suggest: The reason many are annoyed is no one has any idea what to expect. Say what you will about Star Citizen, at least it's easy to tell what the schedule for the game is supposed to be:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

Now I wouldn't say that you need to go THAT far, but perhaps: What is holding up the next release? What are the blockers? What are the team working on now? How much stuff is left that needs doing? People can understand delays in game design, but it helps if they have an idea why, and can have an idea when to expect the next release. For a long time now that date has been listed as someday™, which people lose patience over. Explaining the whys of it could go a long way, as well as give everyone an idea of how much longer the waiting is likely to be.
Should get a lot of this out of the next update.

Kai Lae

Post by Kai Lae » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:22 am

Not that I don't look forward to them anyway, but look forward to it :)