As Autumn sets in, here's a glimpse of the updated French textures. Cheers, MP

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Mysticpuma

Re: As Autumn sets in, here's a glimpse of the updated French textures. Cheers, MP

Post by Mysticpuma » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:22 pm

Not so much the Kings decision Countzero. Currently v4.5 is being put together and tested. If time allows there may be some Ai fixes....but, that all depends on the complexity of it. So if it looks like it could take 3-4 more months to get the Ai working perfectly....then it will be held back to v5.0 because as I mentioned in this thread, we want v4.5 out and in the wild as soon as possible.

Many have noted project creep and that is no-longer an issue for v4.5. Currently as I said testing is going on, features being added and once we get to an RC version then we will definitely know if the Ai fixes will be in v4.5

I should note/add too that the validity if the thread still stands regarding Ai because even if it doesn't make v4.5 it can be referenced for v5.00

As and when we get to an RC schedule news will follow and updates significantly increase.

Cheers, MP

Wiggy

Re: As Autumn sets in, here's a glimpse of the updated French textures. Cheers, MP

Post by Wiggy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:58 pm

So, we're gonna see v4.5 within 3 months? By December? Sounds like a release date of sorts :D

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:58 am

That is one year after the time Buzzsaw said it would come out....... This utterly sucks.

TF5 isn't worth thinking about then. This really puts our campaign in difficulty, we have no 1941 to jump into, there are no planes for this period. What are we supposed to do? Attack France in Tiger Moths?

Mystic, I know that TF leaders may think that we will have TF5 real soon, but the reality and track record is very different indeed. We just cannot string out our campaign for another 13 months (that's a minimum as I see it). We already stretched ourselves to this year following conversations and times presented by TFS THIS TIME ONE YEAR AGO and that suggested timeline is well in the past.

I implore TFS to release a 1941 pack of non-trop 1941 aircraft that are actually worthwhile and usable (Spit Vb, Hurricane IIb, 109F1 or 2, Wellington) as chargeable download in advance. This has been suggested many times and we haven't even had any response regarding it.

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:24 pm

If we had Spits V and Bf-109Fs in non trop version we could do some channel front action, bombing Dieppe and all that jazz. Then after 5.0 comes out and we jump to Africa. Thats "if".

Matt
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Sqn Cdr

Post by Matt » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:30 pm

I agree with Onebad and dickie, bring out a 1941 pack until TF 4.5 is ready

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:52 pm

Buys time, a lot of it, and keeps everybody flying, and brings in income, and brings back new pilots who are bored to death. It's win win do the maths. TFS will only be giving the same aircraft away inside TF5 for the same price as TF5. This brings in extra money.

TFS should least comment on it.

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:00 pm

I think we're going to have to figure something else out to keep ACG alive until TF 5.0, honestly. I'd be very surprised if all the aircraft needed for a 1941 pack are even finished.

Mysticpuma

Post by Mysticpuma » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:01 pm

Wow, lots of reading dates into an explanatory post. Fair enough.
First thing we need to do before any thoughts of a 'small' expansion can be discussed (as you are requesting) is to get v4.5 out to you all. It may actually be closer than you think....more news as and when I can.

Cheers, MP

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:47 pm

Thanks. TFS really need to understand what pressure we are under now. If I were to show you growth figures for ACG it will show as many pilots leaving through utter boredom as new ones joining and it's been like that for a year at least. We've been flat at 180 for a long long time. Serve the exist loyal pack of COD pilots up another one of the same meals and I just don't think it's sustainable.

Brigg

Post by Brigg » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:45 pm

Mysticpuma wrote:There is an aroma but until I can see the dough rising I'm not willing to create a broken promise. I can say we are testing versions at the moment and adding new features and testing again but this is the point when we are most susceptible to give into our hearts and say "it 'SHOULD' be out by approx. (x date), then a spanner gets thrown in the works, the date slips....and the sky falls.

Currently various builds are going through testing and once we get to RC testing I think we will have a good idea of when to update the community on a likely release window.

I am being honest here when I say that the team really want to get this out to you ASAP....but, as this will most likely give an indication of firstly how much effort has gone into getting an officially sanctioned version prepared and also if we can deliver a good amount of features we promised without breaking hearts (and minds), we want to be careful and productive with it.

Honestly as soon as there is a soon as there is a Yorkshire Pudding crisping up nicely....all of you will be the first to know!

Cheers, MP
Sod the update just give me the yorkshire puddings :lol: :lol: