Collisions bugs thread

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

StG77_CountZero

Re: Collisions bugs thread

Post by StG77_CountZero » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:36 am

I see you got the answer in another locked post:
https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/ ... post277439

"While I appreciate your interest in the game... you do not have access to the Source Code and while you may be able to guess, you do not understand exactly how the game functions.

Your speculation about how changes might affect the game are just that... speculation. The actual damage modeling is more complex than you suggest.

We are working as hard as we can to make what we feel are the appropriate changes to improve and make more detailed the systems in CLIFFS OF DOVER.

CoD remains the most detailed Flight Simulation in the world when it comes to damage modeling. There is nothing 'wrong' with how the damage system works. What you have high-lighted in your video are not 'bugs', they are some of the basic systems which are in place in all Flight Sims.

Thanks for your interest."

You changed their mined regarding Spit nose and prop bug, maybe youll succeed to change it regarding this bug also, with time.

BR Lobo

Post by BR Lobo » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:46 am

I'm tired of all this arrogance, CountZero.

First the project leader said that nothing is wrong, and prop blades don't have collision interaction and the Spitfire noses don't detach.

Now everything is perfect, we speculate, say thing like "the actual DM is more complex than you suggest"... Well, what we know is that detached parts don't interact with other objects, when CF explodes, the parts attached to it are just out of game, and other planes near don't suffer any damage of this explosion.

This part of DM isn't so complex. But the denial of bugs saying they are "features" comes to a point that is too much for me. Just to make my point clear:

"CoD remains the most detailed Flight Simulation in the world when it comes to damage modeling. There is nothing 'wrong' with how the damage system works. What you have high-lighted in your video are not 'bugs', they are some of the basic systems which are in place in all Flight Sims"

At least I know that the complex DM have prop blades that are invisible to other objects. This and explosions that don't affect near planes, aren't "basic systems which are in place in all Flight Sims".

I really miss Oleg. I'm a school teacher, with kids I undestand all this denail, not with adults ;)

BR Lobo

Post by BR Lobo » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:59 am

We are talking about collisions. The collision damage system in CloD is pathetic.

This is a good collision system, even with some problems too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0iCB54H4Hg

But it's much more easy just deny. CloD DM is great, we have amazing collisions...

StG77_CountZero

Post by StG77_CountZero » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:10 am

Patiance will be gold here i belive. Im just not suprised that so small number of bugs is geting fixed for 4.5 with this mentality, just look what it took to get them to change mined and fix that nose bug that they also tought its just net lag when your first topic was locked. Im glad that i was wrong in beliving they would not bather to fix even that bug for 4.5. Cant imagine how it is on more complex bugs. And hes right we dont have SC so we dont see all , but that also means they can easy confirm bug and fix it with SC for 5 then if not for 4.5, if they belive its bug and not just net lag.

BR Lobo

Post by BR Lobo » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:52 pm

Newton knows nothing about physics and rigid body collisions, because CloD is the best!

https://youtu.be/Nj1y61mYFho

Need to talk something more? CloD is a crap in rigid body collisions. Not even minimum reliable.

BR Lobo

Post by BR Lobo » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:35 pm

Last words...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6rEXw7 ... e=youtu.be

Let's wait TFS work in all this "features"... Our job is done, CountZero...

BR Lobo

Post by BR Lobo » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:35 am

Single player. And people still talking this is a minor question and the Spit nose was the problem... Just take me five HtH collisions in a row to record this... Really sad.

https://youtu.be/hu4BspYhLPo

Gromic
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Gromic » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:23 am

BR Lobo wrote:Newton knows nothing about physics and rigid body collisions, because CloD is the best!

Need to talk something more? CloD is a crap in rigid body collisions. Not even minimum reliable.
I cried when I saw beamng's. Cliff's isn't even close.

Keep up the good fight guys!
32 Squadron / USAAF 84 Squadron

BR Lobo

Post by BR Lobo » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:44 pm

Cliffs don't even have reliable rigid body dynamics. Imagine soft body like BeamNG.drive.

Smokejumper

Post by Smokejumper » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:45 pm

Nice work Lobo. I have concerns about this after the constant thread locking. I'm concerned TF will end up being a mimic in behaviour of the old BOS staff pre Jason. I'm a TF and Cliffs fanboi...... I also have aluminium skin experience from Airstreams and I'd love to see bent aircraft for example. The collision model in Cliffs is terrible. While TF staff in part may not think it's a big deal it has in fact always been a big deal but we ignored it because there wasn't anything better.

BOS is starting to look good and I've heard positive things about the recent FM change and there is no disputing that the DCS flight models are great. We are starting to have real options so these no big deal things are ones we don't have to ignore any more. The opening shot of the Ruskie hitting the trees and going in are way better than Cliffs. I've landed many an aircraft with one wing missing.

I shot down a one wing Spit just yesterday on Kanalkamph...... He rammed a bomber and was on his way home so I shot up his other wing. That is a big deal.......