Collisions bugs thread

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

BR Lobo

Re: Collisions bugs thread

Post by BR Lobo » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:21 am

Smokejumper wrote:Nice work Lobo. I have concerns about this after the constant thread locking. I'm concerned TF will end up being a mimic in behaviour of the old BOS staff pre Jason. I'm a TF and Cliffs fanboi...... I also have aluminium skin experience from Airstreams and I'd love to see bent aircraft for example. The collision model in Cliffs is terrible. While TF staff in part may not think it's a big deal it has in fact always been a big deal but we ignored it because there wasn't anything better.

BOS is starting to look good and I've heard positive things about the recent FM change and there is no disputing that the DCS flight models are great. We are starting to have real options so these no big deal things are ones we don't have to ignore any more. The opening shot of the Ruskie hitting the trees and going in are way better than Cliffs. I've landed many an aircraft with one wing missing.

I shot down a one wing Spit just yesterday on Kanalkamph...... He rammed a bomber and was on his way home so I shot up his other wing. That is a big deal.......
Yes Smokey, TFS need to first work simple things to stop the "one plane explodes and one plane goes away', not a lot of work needed. After this, other things maybe have bigger priority, like weather, water, etc.

Soft body, like BeamNG, will be hard to do, need to rework all DM. It's beautiful and the future, but at least CloD deserves a reliable rigid body dynamics behaviour. I think this will be made soon.

Smokejumper

Post by Smokejumper » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:13 pm

I bet the programing to simulate stretched bent and tearing aluminium skins would be difficult.

BR Lobo

Post by BR Lobo » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:52 am

Well... TFS had more than two months to solve this simple issue. Let's see... I believe I saw good things in this video... :popcorn:

Smokejumper

Post by Smokejumper » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:27 pm

Such a cynic my friend. I'm still excited.

BR Lobo

Post by BR Lobo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:17 pm

Smokejumper wrote:Such a cynic my friend. I'm still excited.
Me too. I believe TFS does progress in this area.

BR Lobo

Post by BR Lobo » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:45 pm

Update...

All these months for nothing...

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:48 pm

Exactly how often are you having air-to-airs for this to mean 4.5 is 'for nothing' in your eyes? :shock:
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Gromic
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Gromic » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:55 pm

Broadsword wrote:Exactly how often are you having air-to-airs for this to mean 4.5 is 'for nothing' in your eyes? :shock:
Probably just as often as others dissing BoX due to Netlag issues ;)

In all honesty, I'm pretty happy with what we've gotten sofar with 4.5 as I've live through so many sims and updates that I don't expect perfection anymore.

Purely on an immersive, flying basis, 4.5 is night and day compared to 4.312. I'm not going to comment on damage models, collision boxes, flight models but the engine, wind sounds, and even FFB effects make me feel like I'm flying a different beast.
32 Squadron / USAAF 84 Squadron

BR Lobo

Post by BR Lobo » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:10 pm

I really don't care about opinions that have nothing about the subject. All rigid body physics in CloD still a mess.

If both of you think that rigid body physics don't matters in Combat flight sims, I can't say anything more...

Gromic
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Gromic » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:27 pm

BR Lobo wrote:I really don't care about opinions that have nothing about the subject. All rigid body physics in CloD still a mess.

If both of you think that rigid body physics don't matters in Combat flight sims, I can't say anything more...
Of course they matter and it needs to be fixed, I'm with you on this every bit. It's just not a deal breaker for me because collisions is something I avoid if at all possible. And, in the 1 in a million off chance that I do touch another aircraft, should something go wackey then, well shit happens. Respawn.
32 Squadron / USAAF 84 Squadron