109E4 vs Spitfire MKIIa in Beta testing v4.49

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

LuftAsher

Re: 109E4 vs Spitfire MKIIa in Beta testing v4.49

Post by LuftAsher » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:27 pm

Vranac wrote:hurr durr my mate said its shit and hes a pro flightsimmer so i dont even need to try for myself to know its shit
:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:
I have a friend who reckons that the Jews are responsible for ebola and 9/11, should I just take his word for it because he's my friend? Unless you have a good amount of firsthand experience with the sim that you can use to better argue your case, your argument isn't worth shit.

Kildren

Post by Kildren » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:39 pm

Vranac wrote:My friends have it.(<Problem 1)One of them is an excellent pilot and a real life military pilot that was dragging a hang glider on a hill as a kid(<Problem 2). He bought BoS with the prize money from RoF championship. He preferred RoF FM over il2 46. He said that FM in BoS is crap.
Like I have said already one of their best pilots from =FB= was banned on the forum for criticizing FM, he just said what is wrong with one particular plane. (<Problem 3)
And I have asked others that I know how they can fly with that unsynch. They don't fly, they only rarely jump in when there is some SQ meeting.

Why do you think there are 20+ upvotes on those posts about the netcode there?
0.00345% my a$$.
1. Maybe you should stop talking about bos
2. We dont care about the life story of your friend
3. The only people who get banned for saying anything about FMs are the ones who A)Sook about it B)have no proof to back up their Sook claims
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Speak to me about joining the ACG Pilots Union

Von Archie

Post by Von Archie » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:18 pm

Vranac wrote: My friends have it.
:suicide:
i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

Pariah

Post by Pariah » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:48 pm

Vranac, that is one of the lamest excuses for not liking something. If my kids told me they didn't like peas cos their mates don't I'd tell them to suck it up and eat them, and they're not leaving the table till they do.

It's fine to dislike something but to dislike something you've not even played. Pathetic.

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:22 pm

Not to mention Vranac all the issues you speak about have been largely addressed. How many of your friends have put any sort of significant time in the game since the FM updates in spring. How many times have they had desynch issues since the networking updates. How many instances do you have of any of that shit that isn't from two or more years ago. How many times have you or your friends been banned as opposed to listened to on the forums in the last six months?

The sim has shown marked improvements in all of those areas for people who have spent any decent amount of time in it since the updates in Spring. So not only would you have no idea for yourself about how the game was when it did have SIGNIFICANT issues, you definitely don't have any idea what it's like currently.

You don't have to like it or try it, but you definitely are not allowed to show your opinion as one from experience to try and put people off about the game. That's the most disingenuous argument I've ever heard in flight sims.

BR Lobo

Post by BR Lobo » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:06 pm

My God... Level of FM and aircraft systems complexity:

WT < BoX < CloD < DCS.

Everybody nows this. Any of these titles have good and bad points, all about players expectations.

BoX path is to be a robust sim with focus in good graphics and lot of proprietary content. Constant updated. But all are crap near BiS ArmA series. Lot of updates, lot of proprietary updates and full SDK available for free mods.

This fight is just stupid. Combat flight sims Will never be popular with this sales model.

Goat

Post by Goat » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:30 pm

You're right about ArmA. Their constant updates are the Golden Standard of smaller studio dev... It's almost as if they were proud of their work and a high quality product is more profitable in the long term because people won't feel ripped off.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:03 pm

I've no doubt the Arma dev team will be taking a hard look at themselves and wondering why they aren't treating their potential customers with contempt though, since that is clearly a model of success in the long run.

Vranac

Post by Vranac » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:40 pm

Shadepiece wrote:Not to mention Vranac all the issues you speak about have been largely addressed.
Nothing was resolved, that FB guy was banned after that FM update, people are banned constantly there. And no, that problem with unsynch is not adressed, they only 'promised' after Kuban like they've promised after Moscow.

You're flying in a parallel universe.

Vranac

Post by Vranac » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:19 pm

LuftAsher wrote: I have a friend who reckons that ...
Here is my friend flying. You don't have a clue what you're talking about.