RAF Browning 303 sounds

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Wozaworld

Re: RAF Browning 303 sounds

Post by Wozaworld » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:49 pm

Ha!! They’re welcome to see the Sony Vegas trk file :)

I really hope they get these guns right - I read they can’t use the 4.312 versions because of copyright?
"Always treat your kite like you treat your woman, climb inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back.."

i7 8700K @ 5Ghz H100X Water cooled, Asus Maximus X Hero, 32gb DDR4 3000mhz ram, GTX1080ti 11gb , 250gb SSD, Thrustmaster warthog stick, X-55 H.O.T.A.S, Combat Rudder pedals, TrackIR5, GHD Hair straightners, Quite a nice kettle. Oh! and one of those Oculus majiggy thingys

Double

Post by Double » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:16 pm

Wozaworld wrote:Ha!! They’re welcome to see the Sony Vegas trk file :)

I really hope they get these guns right - I read they can’t use the 4.312 versions because of copyright?
I asked over at ATAG if the current sounds could be released as a mod for the end user to install. This should negate the copyright issue. I don't have the proper tags so as of now I have not gotten an answer. I'll just wait till Smoke or an ATAG guy asks to find out if its possible.

:salute: DS
"I hate being bipolar, it's fucking awesome!

Wozaworld

Post by Wozaworld » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:02 am

Sorry Redeye - was away from my computer yesterday (replying on my phone)

Will send it across to you - there is the wav file on ACG Teamspeak though, open the Arma channel file browser and its “New wav 3” or something like that
"Always treat your kite like you treat your woman, climb inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back.."

i7 8700K @ 5Ghz H100X Water cooled, Asus Maximus X Hero, 32gb DDR4 3000mhz ram, GTX1080ti 11gb , 250gb SSD, Thrustmaster warthog stick, X-55 H.O.T.A.S, Combat Rudder pedals, TrackIR5, GHD Hair straightners, Quite a nice kettle. Oh! and one of those Oculus majiggy thingys

Jonesy

Post by Jonesy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:09 am

Morning Woz. Did you check out the video clip of Dan Snow firing the 303 that was dug up in Ireland? I recorded it. Just to see if I could do something with it. Put it into the video editor. Duplicated the track 8 times to replicate the 8 guns of a spit and unsynched them all slightly. Managed to do a recording of short and long bursts. I’ll send it you if you want. Might be handy for you but then again maybe absolutely useless :lol:
Professional manchild

Wozaworld

Post by Wozaworld » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:29 am

Yup, already messed with that sound clip last week

Me Biggs and Wiggy messed around with it

Jonesy

Post by Jonesy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:49 am

:nice:
Professional manchild

Biggs

Post by Biggs » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:29 pm

Yeah that was the clip that got this brainstorm going... woza took the idea and ran with it.

Sharpe

Post by Sharpe » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:26 am

Onebad wrote:The first time I've ever encountered somebody describing '303 sound while inside the Hurricane, the pilot said that he couldn't hear them at all and he would sometimes lean to see if they're actually firing.
Tom Neil (Whose book I am reading) describes the sound as that of 'a coarse fabric being ripped' and that the guns firing gave the aircraft 'a most pleasant vibration'. Only time I heard about someone thinking the guns were quiet was when a new, inexperienced, pilot had forgotten to switch his gun button to fire and reportedly said 'these guns are very silent'.

I'd love to see something along the lines of Woza's work from TF. :salute:

'tis a beaut, Woz :nice:
Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood and the last drop of fuel - to the last beat of the heart.

Biggs

Post by Biggs » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:20 am

yeah ive heard that too... 'like canvas tearing' ...

I think its a little bit of an exaggeration on the pilots part, but the point to get across was that with so many rounds being fired off so quickly, you hardly distinguish one shot from the next... it all ran together.

EDIT if you listen to it at half speed you kinda see what they were saying...

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:33 am

Double wrote:
Wozaworld wrote:Ha!! They’re welcome to see the Sony Vegas trk file :)

I asked over at ATAG if the current sounds could be released as a mod for the end user to install. This should negate the copyright issue. I don't have the proper tags so as of now I have not gotten an answer. I'll just wait till Smoke or an ATAG guy asks to find out if its possible.

:salute: DS
I imagine not, and I hope not, or that means cheats could put in their own sounds for anything at all, such as a loud police siren for the engine of a 109 in order that they hear it coming.