ACG - Public server pilot statistics

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Thaine

ACG - Public server pilot statistics

Post by Thaine » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:37 pm

It's a pleasure to announce that the public server pilot statistic pages, brought to you by DonkeyWorks and ThaineLabs are now ready. -Well, not all of them. There's still a lot of work to do. But at least you have something to play with now. This is what you would call an alpha, I guess. A lot of features are still missing and we need to check for bugs. I just hope the whole system is not collapsing.

The system has been activated.

The webpage has been altered slightly to fit in the pilot statistics at the right place. You might want to refresh your cache with crtl-F5, that should fix any odd behavior.

In case you want to read a bit about how the stat-system works, here's already some documentation: http://aircombatgroup.co.uk/server/clod ... tation.php

In case of bugs and glitches. Please report in this thread.

I'll hope you have fun once we get everything on and working.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor
Location: The centre of the known universe Nottingham, England

Re: ACG - Public server pilot statistics

Post by Ginger » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:34 am

:salute: Thaine / Donkey and anyone else who worked on this. Can't wait to give it a go. :nice:
DEAD PILOTS DONT MAKE CLAIMS

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:47 am

Cheers Thaine - looking forward to seeing how crap I am in public too :D

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Jackman
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan
contributor

Post by Jackman » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:40 pm

Thanks and excellent work lads :nice: as one who spends 90% of my time flying in the pup this will be brilliant to have. :salute:

May today be better than yesterday, but, not as good as tomorrow.

BlackDog

Post by BlackDog » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:20 pm

Team Fusion take note..... THIS is how you release something... :D

Well done Donkey and Thaine, awesome stuff! :B:

:salute:
BD
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go always a little further; it may be beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow across that angry or that glimmering sea

Paddy

Post by Paddy » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:52 pm

Sterling work fellas.
Cheers,

Paddy
Group Captain John 'Paddy' Hemingway, we salute you

Gromic
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Gromic » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:35 pm

Excellent, can't wait to see it in practice. Although I'm of different opinion on the carry over rank system. IMHO ranks should reset to nil once a character is KIA'd. Public ranks are very different than our ACG ones, which are based on position, contribution, etc.

Still, I'm eager to see this working. :salute: to all involved.

Grom
32 Squadron / USAAF 84 Squadron

Bonkin

Post by Bonkin » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:07 pm

Great work! Look forward to seeing it in action.

(Don't put styling in html markup though!)

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:58 pm

Can't really say I'm to happy about it. Pub server was supposed to be a place where you can crash into Tower of London and fuck around, doing whatever you want. I don't want to see people actually giving a fuck about stats and whatnot.

HotLunch

Post by HotLunch » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:18 am

Onebad wrote:Can't really say I'm to happy about it. Pub server was supposed to be a place where you can crash into Tower of London and fuck around, doing whatever you want. I don't want to see people actually giving a fuck about stats and whatnot.
If you don't give a fuck about stats then this update won't change your experience.

Unlike the Campaign this is still a public server so it will always attract those who just want to fuck around but it provides something deeper for those who care.

No one has to care about their record; it also gives the benefit of being able to run multiple characters. You can be derp-derp-whogivesafuck one night and Onebad the mean killing machine the next!
More vodka Comrade!