4.5 analysis?

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

BR Lobo

Re: 4.5 analysis?

Post by BR Lobo » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:41 pm

Well, they fired (?) Maddox crew, and maybe 1C just lost somewere the newest SC of CloD. I expect everything from this company. boa

Von Archie

Post by Von Archie » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:04 pm

Onebad wrote:
StG77_CountZero wrote:Its normal that 1C would send them crapy SC from original game if their plan is to kill game and get more players for BoX.
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you!
i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

SOW Reddog

Post by SOW Reddog » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:04 pm

Bonkin wrote:
SOW Reddog wrote:Sent you a pm donkey. But yes.
Something that can't be shared then?

See commercially I don't see why they would do it. If it got out the reputational damage could be significant. Or do they think we are all fickle?
No, just more detail and I didn't want to incur more wrath from the TF apologists like I did last time I was here.

Commercially it makes perfect sense. "We gave TF the only Source we had in our possession and told them there and then it was not the most current..." besides, 1C already milked the goodwill garnered by the act.

My expectation is that mid-late 2018 1C will revoke the agreement based on poor reviews, poor sales and potentially breach of contractual agreements (namely lack of TF5 release). By that time Bodenplatte will be nicely on the horizon and clod will quietly be buried in the corner.

StG77_CountZero

Post by StG77_CountZero » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:31 pm

SOW Reddog wrote:
Bonkin wrote:
SOW Reddog wrote:Sent you a pm donkey. But yes.
Something that can't be shared then?

See commercially I don't see why they would do it. If it got out the reputational damage could be significant. Or do they think we are all fickle?
No, just more detail and I didn't want to incur more wrath from the TF apologists like I did last time I was here.

Commercially it makes perfect sense. "We gave TF the only Source we had in our possession and told them there and then it was not the most current..." besides, 1C already milked the goodwill garnered by the act.

My expectation is that mid-late 2018 1C will revoke the agreement based on poor reviews, poor sales and potentially breach of contractual agreements (namely lack of TF5 release). By that time Bodenplatte will be nicely on the horizon and clod will quietly be buried in the corner.
And also recent post on face from TF menber hinting on old SC:
"Olof Von Olof Its being investigated! One possibility is that TFS have recieved an old early version of the net code when TFS recieved the source code. But its speculation at this point."

Barone

Post by Barone » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:42 pm

Hi guys,
I wanted to report some discussion about FPS/stuttering that I wrote here on sow: http://www.stormofwar.org/phpBB3/viewto ... 8&start=40

So what's I experienced is that you get a performance loss when looking in front of you and also when close to other planes (but since there is tons of lag I can't say if it's the lag or the stutter).
Sometimes if you set "model details" option to low stuttering get a little bit better but not always.
Also some planes like hurricane and 110 seems to be affected more by loss of performance.
What's your experience about performances in 4.5?
5th VSQN discord: https://discord.gg/RE52gzK

Vranac

Post by Vranac » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:47 pm

StG77_CountZero

Post by StG77_CountZero » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:41 pm

guy got baned because he wonted back option from 4.3 to be able to turn off shadows in cocpit
https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/ ... post297633

why even have any other options then ultra if thats their policy, what a bunch of morons it seams nothing changes same old ban critics on tfs atag forum they dont learn shit from failuers, BoX had same policy restricting users to ply with graphic option, they changed their mined fast.

Von Archie

Post by Von Archie » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:52 pm

Weird, don't see why that was a banning offence, but then it is the atag forum so he should have known better. Guess that's one less sale for TF5 then!
i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

StG77_CountZero

Post by StG77_CountZero » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:54 pm

If you check people are still complaining about lags and warping after this "Fix", and TFS now say all is good with netcode now, and that problem for that is that people are now running game on old pc, but then they dont alow thouse players to adjust their settings how they wont. So they blaim lag and warps on bad pc but they dont alow players to adjust, why then just dont restrict all settings to high and problem solwed, guys with old pc that cant run game all on high and will not play and youll have servers with no lag as there will be no players :)

Von Archie

Post by Von Archie » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:14 pm

It's a bit weird that there aren't options to turn off some settings, but it should probably still be expected that users will update their computers from time to time.
It's running ok for me currently and I don't consider my computer top of the line, in fact it's 2-3 years old.