4.5 analysis?

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

BR Lobo

4.5 analysis?

Post by BR Lobo » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:09 am

I like it. Graphics are great, effects, particles, light.

FM without a lot of drag, climb rate corrected, speed too. :praise:

Good performance over big cities, not noticed any streaming. :lux:

Better ground handling. Better ground collisions. :nice:

Now, just solve some bugs, work in midair collisions, make dynamic weather fully functional. I don't tested AI, air and ground.

But was a really good job. Thanks. :salute:

HotLunch

Re: 4.5 analysis?

Post by HotLunch » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:50 pm

Heh. He said Anal.
More vodka Comrade!

BR Lobo

Post by BR Lobo » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:58 pm

o.O

Pariah

Post by Pariah » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:56 pm

My Saitek Combat pedals aren't picked up properly. It doesn't show their centre position and consequently its a binary input. Can't fly it at all.

Trystan

Post by Trystan » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:55 pm

Pariah wrote:My Saitek Combat pedals aren't picked up properly. It doesn't show their centre position and consequently its a binary input. Can't fly it at all.
Mine work perfectly Pariah... what other peripherals do you have plugged in?

[EDIT] When I say "improved" below I mean in respect to the previous version we've been flying and r/l pilot reports, experiences, etc.

I've been running a series of flight tests on the Spitfire 1a and here are my thoughts so far:
  • low speed characteristics are much improved. I experience control reversal at 59 mph, engine off and prop as close to feather as I can get it.
  • low speed turn rate much improved
  • ground handling is more realistic, albeit a little more difficult with the manual differential braking. Much better then DCS and closer to r/l aircraft I have flown with differential braking.
  • trim response to gear and flap extension seems spot on
  • takeoff run is much, much better
  • landing rollout is closer to what I've seen in r/l
  • they made the ground "rough" so you're constantly swaying back and forth. Which is great for the forward grass fields, but seems a little much for a Sector base like Kenley. Really confused me when I spawned with a right-hand lean. Guess my wheel was in a dip.
  • aileron responses are improved at speeds up to 180 mph
  • clean and dirty stall characteristics at 2000 ft are gentle and match the POH and accounts I have read. I still need to focus on how they model the stall buffet, which is a well know Spitfire characteristic
  • in-cockpit engine sound is good, although I think somewhat excessive given our pilots are wearing headsets. But that can be controlled by the volume controls.
If I get time today I plan to focus on mid-speed testing. After that high-speed and high-altitude.
ASUS Z97 / Intel i7-4790K@4.2 GHz / 64 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080Ti 11GB / WINDOWS 10 64-bit / 3 x 27" Monitors / Oculus Rift / Thrustmaster 16000m / Thrustmaster FCS Throttle Quadrant / Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

Woop

Post by Woop » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:07 pm

Had no in-game crashes yet, but the menus seem to create crashes from time to time. Loadouts and map clicking usually. Other than that, frames are not great. I lose about 10-15 frames with mirror on and with an average of around 30-35 fps. In 4.3 I used to get around 60... Seems like it's time to upgrade. Overall very enjoyable.

Talisman

Post by Talisman » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:19 pm

Trystan wrote:
Pariah wrote:My Saitek Combat pedals aren't picked up properly. It doesn't show their centre position and consequently its a binary input. Can't fly it at all.
Mine work perfectly Pariah... what other peripherals do you have plugged in?

[EDIT] When I say "improved" below I mean in respect to the previous version we've been flying and r/l pilot reports, experiences, etc.

I've been running a series of flight tests on the Spitfire 1a and here are my thoughts so far:
  • low speed characteristics are much improved. I experience control reversal at 59 mph, engine off and prop as close to feather as I can get it.
  • low speed turn rate much improved
  • ground handling is more realistic, albeit a little more difficult with the manual differential braking. Much better then DCS and closer to r/l aircraft I have flown with differential braking.
  • trim response to gear and flap extension seems spot on
  • takeoff run is much, much better
  • landing rollout is closer to what I've seen in r/l
  • they made the ground "rough" so you're constantly swaying back and forth. Which is great for the forward grass fields, but seems a little much for a Sector base like Kenley. Really confused me when I spawned with a right-hand lean. Guess my wheel was in a dip.
  • aileron responses are improved at speeds up to 180 mph
  • clean and dirty stall characteristics at 2000 ft are gentle and match the POH and accounts I have read. I still need to focus on how they model the stall buffet, which is a well know Spitfire characteristic
  • in-cockpit engine sound is good, although I think somewhat excessive given our pilots are wearing headsets. But that can be controlled by the volume controls.
If I get time today I plan to focus on mid-speed testing. After that high-speed and high-altitude.
Hi Trystan,

Testing the V 4.5 patch Spit 1a 100 Octane at sea level, I am finding it slower and I am also finding this a noticeable negative factor in low level combat too.

This is my test:

Establish cruise at sea level. Accelerate to best speed with BCO off (the resulting speed is lower than pre-patch for me). Engage BCO (reduce power to do so) and accelerate to best speed (the resulting speed is lower than pre-patch for me and the acceleration to it appears rather slow).

In short, I have yet to get to 310 mph unless with the nose down and I find this aircraft slower at lower altitude in combat.

Is anyone else finding the same? Perhaps it is just me and a strong headwind has been added in some of the standard quick missions that I used to test with.

Perhaps this is an example of the new engine mechanics, but if it is then something may have been missed regarding the 310 mph sea level speed.

Thoughts anyone?

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/ ... hp?t=27336

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman
Spitfire! 'That's no aircraft, that's a bleedin' angel'

Trystan

Post by Trystan » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:36 pm

Talisman, from the official raf trials the max low level speed is 295, so I think what you're seeing is about right

[Edit] for the mk 1 series
ASUS Z97 / Intel i7-4790K@4.2 GHz / 64 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080Ti 11GB / WINDOWS 10 64-bit / 3 x 27" Monitors / Oculus Rift / Thrustmaster 16000m / Thrustmaster FCS Throttle Quadrant / Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

Kai Lae

Post by Kai Lae » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:00 pm

Remember that before because of the atmospheric density bug all aircraft did not have correct performance. This is now been fixed so things will behave differently.

Toxic

Post by Toxic » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:15 pm

I've never seen desync so bad in this game now.
Also, I've never had so many IL2 Cliffs crashes since 2011 when the damn game was released. And one of the fixes for the issue I am having with this game is to disable my other monitor, seriously some bullshit. I assume this is the kind of release you get when you only do a closed beta with a very small and non-diverse beta team. This is another point that, after talking with some beta testers they were actually afraid to voice their opinion on the state of the beta since some members of TF and some others that control some of the purse strings, has always been a little hostile to criticism; if you don't think this is relevant then you probably haven't seen other forums. I am really happy this wasn't a purchased patch & yes, this is nothing but a patch wrapped in the shine of a 'newish' game.