Few words of appreciation and feedback

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Onebad

Few words of appreciation and feedback

Post by Onebad » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:34 am

So, now that I pulled an alnighter fiddling with 4.5 for 10 hours straight, I've decided to share my opinions on the changes.

But, first of all - great job Team Fusion. It has take a long time to release it, it's great,
hopefully we won't have to wait another three years for Africa.

Scenery is amazing. Sounds, especially the engines - brilliant. Graphics upgrade is on par with other sims available. Flight models (a massive surprise for me) are greatly improved. I didn't expect that severe changes but boy are they excellent. I thought it would be more like some stall mechanic improv, but ground handling and flying feels LITERALLY UNCOMPARABLE to what it was before, and it's a huge step in the right direction.
Damage models feel great too. The cannons feel satisfying, the particles of .303s hitting the tail of the 109, the Beaufighter armament. Lovely.
Not a single thing I can say that didn't amaze me about things I mentioned above. Love some additional damage you can deal now, like engine fires, or insides of the aircraft completely ruined, that you wouldn't even know of if you'd disable the damage notifications, at least until they start to affect your plane.
Even the skins are cool, and I gotta say that I thought they would be really bad, but they're not.

Now to what I don't like - spawning with a cold engine is just a time waster, I don't like it, I see no point.
Engine performance of a Merlin has been fixed and it can run 3000RPM 8lbs boost now, which it's supposed to, but the 109 can still run 1.3 ata infinitely. In the E-1 cockpit there are literal markings around the ATA gauge, that tell you how long for can you run each manifold pressures. 1.3 ATA can only be run for slightly more than 30minutes without damaging the engine, but in Blitz you can still firewall it from take off 'til landing. Even BoX has it right.
In some places, water isn't level which isn't how the world works (minor inconvenience).

I'll edit the post once I put some more time, but so far so good Team Fusion.
I'm really impressed but with the product we got - it's not ideal but you can make it ideal with further updates. Keep the dream alive™

:lux: :lux: :lux:

EDIT #1: Every single time I start the game I need to set my volume to what I want it to be, by defaul the game is on 0 volume.
Last edited by Onebad on Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vanguard

Re: Few words of appreciation and feedback

Post by Vanguard » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:50 am

Onebad wrote: Engine performance of a Merlin has been fixed and it can run 3000RPM 8lbs boost now, which it's supposed to, but the 109 can still run 1.3 ata infinitely. In the E-1 cockpit there are literal markings around the ATA gauge, that tell you how long for can you run each manifold pressures. 1.3 ATA can only be run for slightly more than 30minutes without damaging the engine, but in Blitz you can still firewall it from take off 'til landing. E
Just a correction, Kurzleistung (1,3 ata @ 2,400 rpm up to 4.5 km) for the DB 601A/B was limited to 5 minutes.

http://kurfurst.org/Engine/DB60x/DB601_ ... ts_A1.html
http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/ ... e109e.html

The pilot shall be considered to have above-average intelligence and normal (average) common sense.

NATOPS A1-F18AC-NFM-000, Preface, p. 55.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:17 am

I wouldn't take what the pilot notes say as literal. If things broke on a timer it would be shit. Truth is you won't know without staying in game refuel and repeating it until it breaks. Merlin 2 and 3 is 10 hours 12lbs between overhaul, but that's a service interval, doesn't even mean it broke. Could be even before then, maybe later.

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 am

Vanguard wrote:
Onebad wrote: Engine performance of a Merlin has been fixed and it can run 3000RPM 8lbs boost now, which it's supposed to, but the 109 can still run 1.3 ata infinitely. In the E-1 cockpit there are literal markings around the ATA gauge, that tell you how long for can you run each manifold pressures. 1.3 ATA can only be run for slightly more than 30minutes without damaging the engine, but in Blitz you can still firewall it from take off 'til landing. E
Just a correction, Kurzleistung (1,3 ata @ 2,400 rpm up to 4.5 km) for the DB 601A/B was limited to 5 minutes.

http://kurfurst.org/Engine/DB60x/DB601_ ... ts_A1.html
http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/ ... e109e.html
Go easy on me there Vanguard, I haven't slept for 26 hours.

Nev

Post by Nev » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:35 am

i vaguely remember something about flip flops :angel:

Always above, seldom on the same level, never underneath.

- Edward Mannock 73 victories

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:40 am

Onebad wrote:Now to what I don't like - spawning with a cold engine is just a time waster, I don't like it, I see no point.
Fret not, young Onebad:

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/forum/v ... f=5&t=9016

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:08 am

Nev wrote:i vaguely remember something about flip flops :angel:
OP is not a faggot and will deliver.

Nev

Post by Nev » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:11 am

Onebad wrote:
Nev wrote:i vaguely remember something about flip flops :angel:
OP is not a faggot and will deliver.

You madman :salute:

Nev

Post by Nev » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:34 pm

Loving the damage modeling it feels like you are in a real fight now. The guns sound amazing and when you smack your target chunks fall off of reminiscent of the old Gun cam footage from WW2

Also 109 pilots will rejoice it took me a good while to get the above to happen and I had to arc my shots into the fuel tanks. :nice:

All in all colour me impressed :salute:

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:12 pm

:nice:

I love the bits flying off too - makes me feel like I'm nibbling the hun to death :D

I also love how elements on fire, when they break off, remain on fire. Doesn't happen often, but it looks cool when it does.

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams