Rolling back to 4.312?

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Wozaworld

Re: Rolling back to 4.312?

Post by Wozaworld » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:42 pm

Spectre wrote:The campaign mission really highlighted some of the more subtle problems that plague the game now. My mirror went MIA and no amount of turning it on and off again would bring it back, and since that is a major "addition" to the game it felt like a real kick in the balls to have it not even exist for our main event. Regarding the issues with spawns, I had no issues getting up in the air but some people seemed to be imploding at random for no reason at all. In 4.3 we had the issue with tallgrass but it was a known issue and could be avoided but if you just fall apart randomly due to the airfield being bugged without actually being able to actively avoid it then we have the issue of squadrons/staffels taking upwards to 20 - 30 minutes getting airborne like we had at Gravesend this past sortie. One could argue that we just "Take off anyways" but the whole fun of ACG is flying with your Squadron as a whole, its silly to just piss off on those who are suffering from these bugs and resorting to airstarts sucks for those affected.
Had mine working when I first installed it.. haven't had it back since!

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but even the having the empty on frame drops your FPS by 15-20FPS
"Always treat your kite like you treat your woman, climb inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back.."

i7 8700K @ 5Ghz H100X Water cooled, Asus Maximus X Hero, 32gb DDR4 3000mhz ram, GTX1080ti 11gb , 250gb SSD, Thrustmaster warthog stick, X-55 H.O.T.A.S, Combat Rudder pedals, TrackIR5, GHD Hair straightners, Quite a nice kettle. Oh! and one of those Oculus majiggy thingys

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Post by Jaydog » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:03 pm

Ok folks, I kinda find it funny that people find out on the first campaign mission back from break that they have problems turning/taxiing the planes. That tells me they haven't been flying 4.5 enough to sort it out. :?

Just like in BoS....add some throttle and wheel brake in the direction you want to turn. Rudder is no longer enough at low speed.

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal

Jackman
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan
contributor

Post by Jackman » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:11 pm

Jaydog wrote:Ok folks, I kinda find it funny that people find out on the first campaign mission back from break that they have problems turning/taxiing the planes. That tells me they haven't been flying 4.5 enough to sort it out. :?

Just like in BoS....add some throttle and wheel brake in the direction you want to turn. Rudder is no longer enough at low speed.
+1 it's all about power management ;)

May today be better than yesterday, but, not as good as tomorrow.

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor
Location: The centre of the known universe Nottingham, England

Post by Ginger » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:12 pm

Anyone know where I can get the original patches from?
DEAD PILOTS DONT MAKE CLAIMS

Vranac

Post by Vranac » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:23 pm

Jaydog wrote:
Why don't you try it with the Spitfire and then come back. She's like a boat on the waves. Brakes are not working at all. The 109 is almost not affected at all with this.

HotLunch

Post by HotLunch » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:21 pm

110 is like a Ferrari on the ground now. She turns on a bloody dime.
More vodka Comrade!

Spectre

Post by Spectre » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:23 pm

Jaydog wrote:Ok folks, I kinda find it funny that people find out on the first campaign mission back from break that they have problems turning/taxiing the planes. That tells me they haven't been flying 4.5 enough to sort it out. :?

501's problem wasn't that taxiing itself was an issue, it was that making it to the runway via the taxi route was about as safe as driving a smart car through a minefield. Aircraft were imploding and being ripped apart by the airfield itself, not pilot error.
Ginger wrote:Anyone know where I can get the original patches from?
If you reinstall Cliffs of Dover (Non-Blitz) on Steam you can do this; Right Click the game in your Library>Properties>Betas>"teamfusionupdate - Team Fusion Latest Patch"

This should get you 4.312 back, but I never deleted it in the first place so apologies if this is outdated.
"On the edge of destiny, you must test your strength"
- Air Marshal Billy Bishop

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Post by Jaydog » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:52 am

Vranac wrote:
Jaydog wrote:
Why don't you try it with the Spitfire and then come back. She's like a boat on the waves. Brakes are not working at all. The 109 is almost not affected at all with this.

Done...I had no problem just now Public server ..just a matter of getting used to working your wheel brakes and throttle in unison and kicking rudder in direction you want to go. I see what you mean with wings rocking. It is a bit rough on grass.

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:48 am

I don't mind it being a bit bumby on grass. In fact I think it's rather realistic. But I only speak about the 109 here. I haven't been flying the Hurricane or Spit to much in 4.5 yet. So I don't know how they behave. But there's changes of 109 ground handling as well. The turning is much harder now and less responsive. You need to do a full stop and then apply throttle again with one break applied to do tighter turns. I find it a bit annoying tbh., but don't think it's a big problem. Just needs some getting used to.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:41 am

Well boys, it's started. Storm of War is leaving Cliffs of Dover and moving to DCS.