TFS & ACG Needs You - Large Scale Lag Test

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

LuftAsher

Re: TFS & ACG Needs You - Large Scale Lag Test

Post by LuftAsher » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:46 am

Jaydog wrote:Would it be possible to always have an air spawn available fro campaigns missions so that pilopts that are having problems/launchers crashes etc. can get up and join their squads faster?
I 100% support this idea. Just make sure everyone understands that they can use it only with the approval of their CO.

Kildren

Post by Kildren » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:02 am

LuftAsher wrote:
Jaydog wrote:Would it be possible to always have an air spawn available fro campaigns missions so that pilopts that are having problems/launchers crashes etc. can get up and join their squads faster?
I 100% support this idea. Just make sure everyone understands that they can use it only with the approval of their CO.
i also support this for the new guys who just turn up on a sunday who know how to fly but dont know how to take off

edit: well

Speak to me about joining the ACG Pilots Union

Von Archie

Post by Von Archie » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:07 am

As you can respawn if you have problems before meeting the enemy I fully support the airstart respawn idea.
i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:22 am

But wouldn't this dilute the "full real" experience?

Von Archie

Post by Von Archie » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:27 am

Donkez wrote:But wouldn't this dilute the "full real" experience?
No more than having to take off again because you blew your rads / disco'd / had TiR issues /whatever. It would be for a specific set of circumstances ingame, not just a general airstart. In real life you'd probably just go to the bar if the plane broke IMO. Taking off on your own could get you killed.
i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:39 am

I'd support it for events out of your control, like disconnection, peripheral issues etc, but I wouldn't for anything like blowing rads - that's fully your own fault and you should be lucky to get another aircraft. If you mess up a takeoff, then you're not getting enough training in and you're essentially fodder anyway :nice:

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:42 pm

Donkez wrote:But wouldn't this dilute the "full real" experience?
I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a historical account of a II./JG26 pilot being told by his CO to "just respawn, point towards the sun and fang it" after encountering an anomaly in space and time that put him back at his airfield as if he'd never left it.

What I'm getting at is I feel like certain concessions could, and perhaps should be made in unavoidable instances such as launcher crashes for example.

Kildren

Post by Kildren » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:55 pm

Well with ACGs policy of yeah just show up on Sunday and fly (stupid policy #should be able to take off comfortably before even showing up to a mission) I think it should So many times having to sit and wait and watch a new guy crash his plane over and over and over

Speak to me about joining the ACG Pilots Union

Von Archie

Post by Von Archie » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:06 pm

We've missed rendezvous points before because we've been waiting for someone to either take off or sort problems out. Yes, you could say 'just leave him' but that's hardly encouraging to a new guy having his first acg mission.

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:10 pm

Von Archie wrote:We've missed rendezvous points before because we've been waiting for someone to either take off or sort problems out. Yes, you could say 'just leave him' but that's hardly encouraging to a new guy having his first acg mission.
You don't 'just leave him', you 'just leave him and one of your more experienced guys' so he can be led back to the formation or just the operational space by someone that knows the way. That's usin' the old noodle.