Re RAF Fighter warm up procedure after 4.5

The backbone of ACG
Bunny
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
Contributor

Re: Re RAF Fighter warm up procedure after 4.5

Postby Bunny » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:12 pm

Wiggy wrote:The fact that a cold engine is modelled is good. But it’s needs to be pre-heated at least as an option for servers.

This ^^

And Meaks - try this out in the meantime:

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. A great landing is one you can walk away from with your pint intact."

Meaker

Postby Meaker » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:55 pm

Bunny wrote:
And Meaks - try this out in the meantime:

Thanks Bunny I appreciate this buddy,and I am aware of this work around,and whilst it gets the job done albeit in a crass and unhistoric way....my beef is that the warm up procedure is now taking longer than before,which with all respect is daft,and it was one of the bugs which I thought ACG had brought to Team Fusion's notice to fix.

For the single player,the bore fest of this new start up that now presents itself,will not be an appeal to players who wish to have a quick flight in their spare time,moreover,I can see it serve only to detract those who are new to the sim too.

The Blenheim alone,now takes a mind numbingly boring 3-4 minutes to warm up,which is plain madness and kills the immersion completely,and they talk about 'keeping the dream alive' :lol:
"Ah,tally-ho yippety-dip and zing zang spillip!,Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?"

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog/MFG Crosswind Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

Barone

Postby Barone » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:39 pm

Warm up can be "skipped" using exploits.
As said above if you keep the throttle at a certain level for about 45-50 secs and then you slam 100% the engine will be ready.
This is not certainly historical (as for the needing of warm up anyway).
The fact is that warm up is good for one thing online: voulching. And lots of clod players have that style of playing.
They spawn, they ride full throttle on the deck, they strafe planes on the ground, they die and then they repeat the process.
That could be imho a reason of why warm up has not been deleted yet.
Click on the banner to visit our site:

Jaydog
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Postby Jaydog » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:49 pm

Meaker wrote:
The Blenheim alone,now takes a mind numbingly boring 3-4 minutes to warm up,which is plain madness and kills the immersion completely,and they talk about 'keeping the dream alive' :lol:

If you think the Blenheim warm up time is bad, try the BR.20. It is ridiculous. Takes more like 7-10 minutes on a good day.

Return to “IL2 Cliffs of Dover”