R.I.P CloD Campaigns? For real?

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Vranac

Re: R.I.P CloD Campaigns? For real?

Post by Vranac » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:28 am

Dickie wrote:Vranac just out of curiosity what do your Russian box hating mates fly anyway?
I was also curious, how they can fly it like that, so I asked. They were not flying BoX, they were waiting. One of them asked the devs when would they address that problem and got 30+ upvotes but he only got a murky answer. Something like, when we would have a better connection and PCs.

IronJockel

Post by IronJockel » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:31 am

I had been telling Hitler for over a year, since my first flight in an Me-262, that only Focke Wulf Fw-190 fighter production should continue in conventional aircraft, to discontinue the Me-109, which was outdated, and to focus on building a massive jet-fighter force. - Galland
Any idiot could fly a Spitfire, but it took a lot of training to fly a 109. - Gerald Stapleton

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:24 pm

Vranac wrote: And Boyzee, I just watched GCV again, you got that freeze when the bombs started falling on Bexley beneath you. Well, you're simply unlucky.
That thing was always there in Cllifs.
So it is an issue with Cliffs and not my system or connection, thank you for proving my point ;) Unlucky or not, it is still Cliffs that has caused the problem.

I don't want to get into another to and fro with you Vranac but as a mission builder for the last 3 years I can tell you we put bombs in the bombers every single mission and that has not caused lagging anywhere near that bad before, maybe some minor stutters but nothing like this.

I'm sure you will tell me that other servers etc etc but in ACG campaign missions we have not had this problem (to this level) in 4.3, so this is another thing that is worse in Blitz for ACG campaign that we are going to have to remove in order to get our missions to run at an acceptable standard for all of our users.

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:50 pm

Ffs Vranac stop throwing your toys out the pram.

We are moving to BoX and away from CloD. If you dont want to continue flying with ACG and join us in BoX i guess we will see you around.

Personally I feel anyone who is bitching about the change and doesnt want to at least try new things dont belong in ACG.

Appolgies for breaking wheatons law but im sick of hearing unconstructive bitching because people cant get their own way
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Gromic
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Gromic » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:26 pm

Basing opinion on fact is not in direct conflict with wheaton's law. Adding personal insult to that opinion can be. No apology due.
32 Squadron / USAAF 84 Squadron

Paddy

Post by Paddy » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:28 pm

Geordie wrote: ...im sick of hearing unconstructive bitching because people cant get their own way
Bloody hell, first time out from under a rock Geordie?
Mind you pick up them toys when you go back fella. :P

Vranac,
To be fair, this is all said and done.

ACG is moving to BoX and whatever happens there’ll be analysis, review, que sera sera and ACG runs on.
Cheers,

Paddy
Group Captain John 'Paddy' Hemingway, we salute you

Speedbird 48

Post by Speedbird 48 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:37 am

Forgive me but what exactly are AGCs goals here? I just joined and am a tad confused. Are we done with Clod for ever? OR are we going to start rotating games? Quite sad really. The British aircraft are wonderful to fly

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:57 am

ACG is not a CloD dedicated group, and it is not a dedicated Battle of Britain group. We will finish our current Battle of Britain campaign this year (by July ish?) before rotating out to Moscow and IL2 BoM. We may very well return to CloD in the future if TF5 is released, and we plan to also fly BoS/Kuban/Bodenplatte.

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:09 am

Hi Speedbird. In a nutshell, from quite early on ACG always intended to run campaigns concurrently, to progress through the war. TF5 was going to allow us to move to a North Africa campaign after our stints in the Battle of Britain and Leaning Forward campaigns. Indeed, the Leaning Forward campaign was only created to fill the gap after the BoB and TF5 was delayed. Due to that delay we have, as a group, run the BoB several times, and it was decided to run a new campaign using BoX. Done of us have been here over five years, and change was necessary to keep the interest going.

That said, we are not linked to one sim only, we will follow the war with whatever sim suits us as a group at the time. When TF5 is released then we could always run a North Africa campaign, with Boddenplatte we'll have the Market Garden arena available. Ideally we'd be able to cover the whole of WW2, in many different arenas, including the Pacific.

However, the glue that binds ACG is the shared weekly mission, and so we insist that to be a full member, a pilot tags part in that, on Sundays. At the moment Cliffs is the chosen platform, and this will be changed to BoX after the current run of BoB missions is complete. Players can obviously fly whatever sim they want on other days, some of us fly a RoF mission every Monday, some are into WW2 DCS, some cold war jets - being a large group is relatively easy to find someone to fly your favourite sim with. Cliffs will become one of those Sims, to be flown on non-campaign days by whomever chooses to organise it.

Hope that helps, and welcome :nice:

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Jammy

Post by Jammy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:41 am

1+ Exactly what Bunny said
I do like to shoot down planes yes I do