R.I.P CloD Campaigns? For real?

Founding grounds of ACG.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Boyezee

Re: R.I.P CloD Campaigns? For real?

Post by Boyezee » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:29 pm

No need to re-post Vranac, not going to watch the video's anyway as I don't give a toss about them , I enjoy flying BoX and believe what I experience when playing it which is good enough for me.

Interesting btw that the only conclusions you could draw about the problems in Cliffs were problems at my end, not that Cliffs could be the problem even though I'm not the only one with these issues, quite telling really.

Lexius

Post by Lexius » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:42 pm

yeah i've been having these same issues as well during our campaigns, it does a great job in spoiling the fun

Von Archie

Post by Von Archie » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:51 pm

Makes it pointless playing really. Couple of weeks ago I had a perfect shot on a Hurri (rare for me) and a long freeze ruined it. August can't come soon enough.
i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

Frederf

Post by Frederf » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:51 pm

Last edited by Frederf on Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spectre

Post by Spectre » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:27 pm

+1 Boyezee

I have had the same issues that have also costed me a potential kill (I believe it may have been you in my sights no less!) and the fact is I am having a great time flying BoX despite its own flaws. Yeah BoX may not be 100% perfect but CloD sure as hell isn't either.
"On the edge of destiny, you must test your strength"
- Air Marshal Billy Bishop

Vranac

Post by Vranac » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:43 pm

Boyezee wrote:No need to re-post Vranac, not going to watch the video's anyway as I don't give a toss about them , I enjoy flying BoX and believe what I experience when playing it which is good enough for me.

Interesting btw that the only conclusions you could draw about the problems in Cliffs were problems at my end, not that Cliffs could be the problem even though I'm not the only one with these issues, quite telling really.
None from 64 reported any problems, that's what I know. You have the Paddy's and my video. I could even upload the last mission, it's possible that we were in the same spot with the 110's and the bombers. Not a twitch.

How many AI bombers were in that mission? You could only dream of placing any in BoS with 60-70 pilots.

I see that the ACG standards are pretty low these days regarding simulation. Why not WarThunder?
i almost made a mistake and posted a WT video with the same problem with a vertical stabilizer. At least there is no desynch there as far as I know.

Guido

Post by Guido » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:51 pm

I think a lot of the heat would be taken out of these discussions if someone made a positive case of what we have to look forward to in a Moscow campaign - above and beyond being tired of Blitz and all its all too apparent faults.

I have bought the games, studied the campaign as best I can and am still struggling to devote the time to get to grips with the foibles of the Mig3 and I16 (and imagining how campaign missions might work), and my motivation at present rests on 'not letting the team down' when we start training or actual missions.

If there are exciting times ahead, let's hear about them rather than looking in the rear view mirror (which doesn't work in CloD :D ) and get people enthused for what BoM has to offer, or at least help them make an informed choice if the Eastern Front is not for them.

StG77_CountZero

Post by StG77_CountZero » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:04 pm

i remenber thouse lags on acg public were happening when game would spawn new objects in mission

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:29 pm

Yes, we found what was causing that and fixed it. You always get some lag on spawn, but it should be a momentary "stutter" not a 2 second fuck-you that Boyezee experienced in his video.

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:38 pm

Vranac wrote:
None from 64 reported any problems, that's what I know. You have the Paddy's and my video. I could even upload the last mission, it's possible that we were in the same spot with the 110's and the bombers. Not a twitch.
You can upload yours but not sure what that will achieve, I and others still have problems with lag so it does exist and it is a problem, if I posted a BoX video with no de-sync would that help you? ;)
Vranac wrote:How many AI bombers were in that mission? You could only dream of placing any in BoS with 60-70 pilots.
36 in each shift, I know this because I built the mission, which was even more annoying as I spent time building the damn thing then it was more or less unplayable, very frustrating. We will see with BoS, luckily we do not need mass waves of AI bombers for the campaign so hopefully it won't be an issue. But unless we try we will never know, I prefer to try things first hand you see.
Vranac wrote:I see that the ACG standards are pretty low these days regarding simulation. Why not WarThunder?
I'm not sure what to say to this comment, really I'm not, I think you have reached peak Vranac with this one - if you think that Warthunder and BoX are near each other from a sim point of view then you are far more deluded than I thought, I honestly and sincerley don't mean that as an insult Vranac - I just think you are so out of touch with reality on this subject that I can't think of a sensible retort.