New BoX maps - Stalingrad revamped

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Von Archie

Re: New BoX maps - Stalingrad revamped

Post by Von Archie » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:30 pm

:roll:
i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:40 am

Von Archie wrote::roll:
Precisely.

Meaker

Post by Meaker » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:31 am

I have to say,when BoX first came out I poo pooed it,as I'm not a great fan of the Russian/Eastern front Campaign and let's face it,it wasn't what it is today.

However after purchasing both the Battle of Stalingrad and the battle of Moscow recently when they were half price,I have been mightily impressed.The sim is superb and the fact that the devs are revamping the maps is just great,really looking forward to this sim as it evolves.

IMHO they have shown how a sim should be developed,no secrets,mysteries or grandstanding,they just get on with it,and deliver !.......first class guys,and I have changed my mind re the Russian Campaign,I love it.The multiplayer side of the sim is excellent too,what a supreme sim :praise:

Kerdou

Post by Kerdou » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:33 pm

I’m following the same path Meaker :nice:

Coopes
Major
Major
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Coopes » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:19 pm

LuftAsher wrote:When I want HARDCORE SIM ACTION, I have sims that I've actually spent money on for their simulation content.
Haha righto

Smokejumper

Post by Smokejumper » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:31 pm

Vranac wrote:
LuftAsher wrote:Put your faith in these guys if you're going to put your faith in any flightsim developer. DCS and TFS couldn't deliver a pizza to your house if you lived across the street.
Yeah, BoX unsynch pizza special.

It's time for you to try it. You know I was anti BoX and a die hard Cliffs fan. I still love Cliffs but I don't even have it installed right now.

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:05 pm

I flew BoS for the first time yesterday. DaHeld helped me set up everything and we had a sortie over Kuban in the 109 F. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

The landscape of Kuban is stunning. I like the cloud layers and in-cloud depiction. Weather and clouds are naturally a big deal for me due to my profession.

I thought as well that the feel of the planes was nice and the dogfights felt authentic to me. It was a first sortie on a french server, so I don't know how representative that is. However, the planes felt less flimsy and more inert to me. Which resulted in dogfights that resulted in longer turns and not heavy aerobatics. Which is what feels more authentic to me based on the books I read. I don't know how much of this is based on the inexperience of our opponents. I shot down 3 planes, together Held and I scored 5 kills. So I guess they were not experienced since I'm a bad shot normally. And of course I have never flown a real airplane, apart from gliders, much less a 109. So my opinion is of course highly subjective.

I liked as well the depiction of smoke and vapour trails, as well as the depiction of the tracers. They look better, even though maybe a bit overdone, compared to cliffs. I'm seldom satisfied with smoke and the likes depicted in games. They almost never get it right in games when compared to reality.

The cockpit textures are less sharp compared to cliffs in my eyes. I'm not sure which ones I like better, probably cliffs textures.

The theater is new to me and unfamiliar, I was mainly gaming and flying the western conflicts against RAF and USAF. I only read a bit about Erich Hartmann, not much, who's fighting style I try to adopt due to poor aim. But I guess it's time to read some more into the eastern air war. And since I fell in love with the 109 it's an interesting conflict.

I look forward to fly some more.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Meaker

Post by Meaker » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:10 pm

Glad you had a pleasant experience too Thaine,I am also very new to the sim,and have been equally enthused by it.I have had it now for a couple of months and love the system,it really does deliver.

My only criticism of the flight models is they are not as complicated to master as in CoD or DCS,ie no clickable cockpits etc,just start and go,but hey,I can live with that if the system is good,and it is,very good.

What has really blown me away though,is the editor,this is where the jewels of the system lie IMO,it is remarkable,it truly is.

It is a little more complex than what we've used in CoD,but there isn't anything in it that is totally too brain taxing.and once you get started you soon pick the basics up,especially if you stick with it.

BoX will only become better and better IMO and for me,now puts CoD in the shade,the developers are really throwing everything they have into this and the goodies aren't taking years to materialise either.The next phase Battle of Kuban is just weeks away now,and I can't wait.

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:18 pm

Hei Meaks,

I bought BoM as well now and hope to join the guys with TAW. For that I might hop into a Heinkel 111 to learn to move some russian dirt this evening/night. Time permitting.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Meaker

Post by Meaker » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:13 pm

Thaine wrote:Hei Meaks,

I bought BoM as well now and hope to join the guys with TAW. For that I might hop into a Heinkel 111 to learn to move some russian dirt this evening/night. Time permitting.
Yes,BoM is great,just try the Autumn map (My Favourite) :nice:

Re your bombing experience in the Heinkel,good luck with that.......but,just wait for that A-20 Boston Havoc,I can't wait to get my grubby paws on that one and go mud movin',there are some excellent bridges to reassemble on the maps available :D