Anyone planning to fly in the Kuban Campaign?

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant

Anyone planning to fly in the Kuban Campaign?

Post by Flyby » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:13 pm

I am wondering if this is for me more so than BOM or BoS. I own BoS, but seldom use it. The Kuban campaign has my interest, but then I'm also waiting on DCS's Normandy map. What are your thoughts about this latest offering? Oh, btw I sent Jason a link to some suggested reading for when 1C ventures into the Pacific; a book titled The Cactus Air Force. It's an old one but still a good read for the early war in the Pacific.
Flyby out
My Warrior creed:ACG; A good place to be.

Dots

Re: Anyone planning to fly in the Kuban Campaign?

Post by Dots » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:53 pm

I'm not buying it till the dd120 109 fixes are finished-hopefully when the G-4 is released. Then it's a matter of the dx11 upgrade making it applicable to our group.
But even assuming those things happen I'm not sure about supporting them going to the Pac. I want a P-39 (NOT in Bolshevik colors though) and a Spit-but if the dollars go toward a pacific expansion I'm shooting mysekf in the foot.

Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Flyby » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:07 pm

The P39 was used as a ground-attack plane in the Pacific, especially in the early years, so I hope it will be included. The early years of airwar in the Pacific provide lots of interesting aircraft, land and carrier based. Done right, it would be an awesome update from IL2 Sturmovik Pacific.
As for the Kuban theater, I'll wait for more info,and then see which way I'll proceed.
Flyby out

Schneemann

Post by Schneemann » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:34 pm

Yep, Flyby, Dots and I are sitting on the fence. I probably will get Battle of Kuban, but am stalling around at this point. Flying BOS, and want to get through most of that campaign first before I start BOM, so I still have a bit of flying to do. Will most likely get it when it gets closer to release. Still in thinking mode :D

Kai Lae

Post by Kai Lae » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:41 pm

Which Kuban campaign are you talking about? The new career mode they are adding? Or just getting it overall? Or as a addon for planeset for online?

Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Flyby » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:45 pm

Kai Lae

Post by Kai Lae » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:39 pm

I already have it. The G4 should be arriving next week.

Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Flyby » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:49 am

What do you think of it, Kai Lae? I own BoS, bu not BoM. Is the terrain of Kuban enough of a departure from what's gone before it?
Flyby out

Kai Lae

Post by Kai Lae » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:11 am

Well I don't think you understand what the current development of the game is, or I don't understand the question. The Kuban campaign doesn't yet exist. If you preordered it, as each part is developed, it is released as an early access release. The first part of that content, the Bf-109G4, was literally just released like 30 minutes ago. I just finished downloading it. That is the entire current amount of content released for BoK so far. Their development schedule for it, carved of course in jello, can be seen here:

https://stormbirds.wordpress.com/2016/1 ... -and-when/

As for the difference of terrain, I'm sure it will be interesting. I don't buy the game though for the terrain, I buy it for the aircraft. I also buy it because I want a brand new 1946 and the only way to make that happen is to buy each release as it comes out so that they keep making them until we have that level of content.

Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Flyby » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:51 pm

The link you supplied lays out the time line, which I thank you for. I guess that means I have time for that addition to grow on me. As for my view on terrain, I consider it part of the immersion. For instance, I'm waiting for the DCS WW2 Normandy map before spending more time (than I am now, which is very little). I do not own BoM because it seems more of the same to me. SOmething new would be nice. That's my opinion.
Flyby out