Video showing some Kuban terrain.

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Kai Lae

Re: Video showing some Kuban terrain.

Post by Kai Lae » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:27 pm

FYI when you post a bunch of stuff in russian which I can't read I'm not sure what you expect from that.

Vranac

Post by Vranac » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:58 pm

Kai Lae wrote:FYI when you post a bunch of stuff in russian which I can't read I'm not sure what you expect from that.
You could use some auto translator, Chrome will do also.

You mentioned that I posted some old videos. Here you go with some newer ones. That guy above is flying with a 20-30 ping on that server.

Here you also have two tracks merged, these are merged at a point when the attacker starts shooting, he used that as a reference point. That guy tried to find out with some scientific approach how big is that desync. He found 1000 ms or one second. You have the method described in the description.

Kai Lae

Post by Kai Lae » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:58 am

I'd never use a translator software for anything technical. Working for a Japanese company as I do I am fully aware of just how bad the garbage that can come out of it can be. I do find it odd that all the references are Russian and none from anywhere else. I've been trying to talk to Fenderbird because he is in he first video you posted but haven't seen him yet.

Vranac

Post by Vranac » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:03 pm

That is a fact sometimes but a simple statements are translated well. Some terms could be translated strangely but with some logic you can easily overcome that. I was using it a lot and that helped me, I never learned Russian in school or on some course. In this case even that long description of the method he used is completely understandable to me.

No corrections here are made by me, only a few terms are slightly wrong.

Code: Select all

Measuring principle:
The point of synchronization of the two tracks is the moment of the first shot of the attack episode, fixing the distance difference to the opponent at the moment of this point from the tracks of two clients and the speed of approach of the aircraft. For the accuracy of measuring the approach time, the moment of combat is selected with perpendicular flight vectors. In other words, we focus on the moment of the shot from two tracks and see the difference in the approach to each other, we measure the time for overcoming this difference in the distance and get the delay time.
And so, if you want to test, you and your partner before departure, see the ping of players A and B, the time between customers = (ping A + ping B) \ 2. You make a sortie, where the player A flies in the horizon at low speed (on autopilot) and the altitude (so that the speed device does not lie) and looks strictly at player B, player B flies at about the same altitude and perpendicular to the direction of flight A (in the wing, in ) At a high, stable speed (not bad 390-420 km / h) and attacks with three bursts - from a large, medium and short distance, all these points are approximately to be met and over accuracy is not needed - the method itself excludes a large error. A and B write the track. On the track, choose a volley that is better suited for convenience and cleanliness and on a pause at the beginning of the fire, see the distance to the opponent on the marker from one cabin-track and from the second car-track. The difference is calculated and fixed speed on the device B (attacker) from his track. Time to overcome this difference in the distance at the player B speed and there is a dissynchronization with great accuracy.
Test number 4:
Https: //www.youtube.com/watch? V = 9x7z8 ...

The attacker's speed is 190km / h, the distance to the target at the time of the first volley from his track is 230m.
The attacker flies perpendicularly to the vector of the attacker's flight and the distance to the attacker of 180 meters from his track.
The difference of 50 meters at a speed of approach 190 km / h, is overcome for 0.9473684210526315 Second http: //www.kakvse.net/vychislit_skoro ...
This is 0.9 Second = 900 Millisecond http: //kalkulator.pro/second-to-milli ...
The real ping of each player = 115 Millisecond (client-server-back), the time of the full path is client-server-client = 115 Millisecond.
900-115 = 785 Millisecond whatsoever additional delay.
Conclusion: we have a picture at ping 115 Millisecond, a picture similar to ping 900 Millisecond.
This is the fourth test, the first one was done somewhere a year ago, + these 3 tests are done now, all tests were done from battles in which the visual delay looked minimal. The test results are surprisingly similar. What will happen in battles where this bug or additional delay is manifested clearly harder to say hard, but ....
And now, as everyone noticed in practice in the game "disappeared", the type of battle "prolonged turn", "withdrawal to the vertical in a duel" and many different small receptions from the old IL2, the type of cars that happened most often in a duel tk. The reason is obvious - the turn starts if there is no corner for the attack of any one, but with such a rassinhron ~ 1000 Millisecond it's unlikely, ponder - your opponent sees your phantom much closer to attack, just as you see with his phantom, at a speed of 380km \ H this is 100 meters behind the real situation.
Very important:
Tk delay is astonishingly large and visible in combat without these calculations "by eye" there is a high probability that:
1) the developers are not aware of such a delay between the real coordinates of the enemy client and those that we see on our PC
2) there is a probability, a big one, that this is like a network problem (code problem), but also just a bug and a bug maybe not network and not necessarily on the server, maybe a bug that creates a delay on my PC that received data on time, but As if lagging behind with the conclusion visually into the game.
In other words, simply, like any bug, this can be an easily solved error, instead of replacing all network code.
. I do find it odd that all the references are Russian and none from anywhere else.
I'll try to answer diplomatically as much as I can. From the start of that project when I was following it closely to see would something come out it, there was nothing of importance written there on the English side of the forums.
Second, you need some experience in flight sims and combat to determine such things. You see, you're shooting at someone where you see him but from his point of view he isn't there, the attacked is seeing the attacker shooting into empty space and then he is hit when the attacker is already passing next to him. In that particular case you don't have to be an expert, it's obvious.
Like I told you everyone there is aware of that, you can even see in that translated description him stating how the combat tactics have changed and adopted because of that problem. The same thing was concluded in that thread that I linked.

Someone even made a funny video with that Spaniard.