ACG/JG26

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Kai Lae

Re: ACG/JG26

Post by Kai Lae » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:18 pm

With regards to video footage, if you all want to send your clips to me after the campaign is over that I could mash together into a single video that we could upload to our youtube channel, I'd be willing to do that. We'd need some more video footage though..I should start recording.

Spectre

Post by Spectre » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:58 pm

Add me up, name is SpectretheGreat :)
"On the edge of destiny, you must test your strength"
- Air Marshal Billy Bishop

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:14 am

Kai Lae wrote:With regards to video footage, if you all want to send your clips to me after the campaign is over that I could mash together into a single video that we could upload to our youtube channel, I'd be willing to do that. We'd need some more video footage though..I should start recording.
I'll dump what I have after it ends mate

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:24 pm

Maybe I should start recording the bomb runs then :D
Might only have one or two BDA shots of the target sites so far if that helps
Turn like the devil, shoot straight from the sun
Climb like a monkey out of hell where I belong

Kai Lae

Post by Kai Lae » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:53 pm

Yeah, if you are bombing I can use that...can use anything. I'll just edit it all together into a video, or several videos.

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:26 am

I had my first sortie yesterday and like it so far. What do I have to do to join TAW? What about the user names? I would like to fly LW naturally.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

HotLunch

Post by HotLunch » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:57 pm

had to re-register as it had been a long time since I last flew TAW. Add me: HotLunch
More vodka Comrade!

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:20 pm

Alright seeing as though a bunch of you lot got yourself a deal with the big sale, I feel that it's time to put everything together for you guys who are interested in TAW.

TAW is not due to start for another few weeks most likely, so we have plenty of time to get it all sorted out.

First thing first if you go here: http://taw.stg2.de/squad_stats.php?name=ACG/JG26

You'll see the squadron's page from the previous campaign. From here you can see the stats that we were able to pull together towards the very end of the last campaign as we had a late start before we got everything rolling.

Additionally, I massively suggest that everyone interested read the TAW manual and server information. Any questions you may have can be easily answered in this thread. I would do a full write up, but no need because there is already a full manual.

Now that you're sorted with what TAW is all about you can go ahead and register for the website. Upon registration you will be asked what you're aircraft preference is. If you plan on doing more bombing go with bombers, and if you want to ride the light birds go with fighters.

I will continue to update everyone here on what the TAW plan is as more information about the start of the next campaign becomes available.

For those of you who don't think you'll be flying everything under the sun in TAW should start getting used to the idea. If you don't bomb usually, you will be in TAW. This server has a unique way of making ground attack the most satisfying type of mission to do based on how much the bombing actually wins the campaign. It's a hell of a lot of fun, and I promise TAW will put you into all of the aircraft you have available.

For those who are wondering, the current plan is to fly blue (LW) next campaign, but depending on how many squads are going to fly blue it might be better for us to fly red (VVS) so we actually have some targets to shoot at. I don't think it'll be as fun to support a huge side stack. If it looks like we might need to go red this campaign I'll make sure to have that discussion here first.

As a final note, there is nothing stopping you from flying under a different name in the server in order to have a pilot on both sides. If you choose you can do so, but I caution you before you make that decision. I personally believe flying on both sides will reduce the incredible immersion TAW provides. Part of the TAW magic is feeling like you are supporting your side to victory. The dynamic maps and missions will soon suck you in, and I think you will all feel similarly.

Cheers!
-Shadepiece

Von Archie

Post by Von Archie » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:35 pm

I would also say pick a name, and stick to it, some people have issues when they change their name mid campaign and get locked out. That goes for squad tags, everything. Also, your name must be the same on the il2 BoS site.
There's a good chance you will have to re register when the next campaign starts anyway. I flew red last time, great fun!
i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:49 pm

Everyone! Please, when you register, or if you have registered, please use your appropriate squadron tags. As we move into BoX as a group we need to be using our proper squadron tags. Please, ensure you make the appropriate changes on the official BoX site.

We are hear advertising for ACG, but not only that, we are representing our group, making ourselves known to many new players who have never even heard of CloD, and should look unified. Put your squadron tags on. Be proud of them, represent your squadron properly, and let's represent ACG in a way it's never been before in this part of the Sim community.