Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Toxic

Re: 3.001 video

Post by Toxic » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:50 am

LuftAsher wrote:
Toxic wrote:
LuftAsher wrote:Too Russian.
Bleh, the Pe-2 is a good bird. Probably won't be out performed by the A-20.
I'm just discussing Meaker's well known preference for Western Allies aircraft. The Brits did operate the A-20 themselves.
Very true. They have a pretty good service record for being a light bomber.

Meaker

Post by Meaker » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:01 am

@ Kai Lae.........Oh I didn't miss the Ju-88 or the He-111,but German aircraft are not my bag dear boy.

@ LuftAsher..........You know me only too well old chap,I must be getting predictable in my old age :D

The A-20 was a superb light bomber,and carried the day with the B-26 Marauder on D-Day,so much more versatile than the Blenheim.

It carried an outstanding 4,000 lb bomb payload,that's the same as the Wellington,but it's crowning glory was that it could fly low,very low,so it was the perfect weapon against the Third Reich.Where as the Blenheim only carried a payload of 1000 lbs,and could barely defend itself,so pretty useless,and was outdated even by 1940.

The Pe-2 had a bomb payload of 3,520 lbs so was down on the A-20's payload by nearly 500 lbs,so you can see my joy of receiving the A-20,it really was a classy little bomber.

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:37 am

Meaker wrote: @ LuftAsher..........You know me only too well old chap,I must be getting predictable in my old age :D
Oh don't you worry, I share your enthusiasm for the Havoc. I've been excited for it since BoK was announced. Perhaps we can go smash up some German shit when they see fit to let the old girl loose on everyone.

Meaker

Post by Meaker » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:26 pm

LuftAsher wrote:
Meaker wrote: @ LuftAsher..........You know me only too well old chap,I must be getting predictable in my old age :D
Oh don't you worry, I share your enthusiasm for the Havoc. I've been excited for it since BoK was announced. Perhaps we can go smash up some German shit when they see fit to let the old girl loose on everyone.
Now there's an invitation I can't refuse......there's nothing I like more than smashing up German shit ! :D .......especially from a great height,count me in,and maybe we could extend the invitation to any other ACG pilot that can handle an allied bomber.