Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Alpha

Re: Chubby activated.

Post by Alpha » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:38 am

Von Archie, Boyezee and Vranac having this talk in person:

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:43 am

At what point do you give up trying to convince somebody?

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:12 pm

Weeks ago.

We're flying box and none of these videos make a dent in that decision.

Vranac

Post by Vranac » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:06 pm

Dickie wrote:Vranac it wasn't through the back door, we aren't moving because of a TFS relationship, we are moving because I said this bof & bob (4th) were the last. The bit about the DMs don't get me started, and I think you're biased accepting and ignoring cod problems but highlighting or exaggerating box things. Sorry that feel this way and only want to fuck the same bird, we want you to come with ACG and accept the polygamy. :fap:
Sorry for a delay, Dickie I should have done it yesterday but was tangling with that wall of text. I appreciate this and I got it when we spoke on TS with together with Thaine. But I really can't fly that in it's current state. If BoX was even on the level of the old il2 I would certainly give it a try.

I'm not biased Dickie, I told you that I'm utterly disappointed with 4.5. There were some minor disappointments before but these were not game breakers for me and they were volunteers doing it in their free time without a source code. And they really did save this sim. I didn't like it when they filtered control inputs at high speeds ( and not so high, 500 km/h is still in a range of combat speed), probably to prevent 109 jockeys to break their wings.
I was thinking of writing my impressions on ATAG forum and back it up with some videos but I don't have references, I only have them for Spitfire V. Even if these should be very similar they would simply say, that's not a model that we have. And to be clear, the Me109 is also tainted and I'm convinced that wasn't some kind of a mistake, that was done on purpose. That's probably the Buzzsaw's vision how these aeroplanes should behave.
I'm pretty sure that these birds were not flying like this, if there was a heavier engine or some other equipment installed this would have been balanced with some ballast.
But fine, I know that Buzzsaw spent thousand of hours on this and most of the pilots aren't even noticing that. All the pilots they lost are probably out because of performance reasons, those with weak PCs.

Paddy

Post by Paddy » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:29 pm

So in summary;

Vranac’s videos (ownership not implied) show some pretty flawed stuff but thats the way BoX is.
Vranac is refusing to fly BoX.
Kai Lee, Boyzee, Azref et al are happy with BoX.
ACG, like a marriage, is going BoX for better or for worse.

I’d ask you fellas to thrash it out on TS next time and simply post the summary but where would be the entertainment in that?
Cheers,

Paddy
Group Captain John 'Paddy' Hemingway, we salute you

Bully

Post by Bully » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:06 pm

Paddy wrote: I’d ask you fellas to thrash it out on TS next time and simply post the summary but where would be the entertainment in that?
:nice: :)

Smokejumper

Post by Smokejumper » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:43 pm

Vranac wrote:
Smoke, I remember, I even tried to find a track but couldn't, probably forgot to start recording.

Look man, I really can't fly like that. I know what to do when I see an opponent and I can't fight when I see his nose is not pointing at me but from his point of view he is. Any flying and fighting like that is pointless, for me at least.
I knew that DM is much less detailed but I didn't know that is that bad, I found that out recently.
I don't care if I'm flying over water, desert... but FM and DM have to be good. I stopped flying old il2 a few months after Cliffs came out not because it was bad but because in Cliffs there was much more inertia to be felt, jumping to old il2 was like I'm flying a RC model.
And all of that I'm seeing in BoX. To be honest, I saw that some people reported improvements in inertia in that summer patch but they are comparing it with the old il2 and I'm still seeing those dolphin 109s and even bombers wagging their tails.

Smoke, they aren't working on netcode, I could translate a detailed answer from Petrovich where he was explaining in more detail what has been said on that TS conversation that Dickie linked here. Every question about that desync and netcode in general has 20 or 30 upvotes on the forum. But alas, they don't have anyone working on that, it's ancient and they have to rewrite it completely.

I'm glad you remember the fight. It was hilarious. :)

Well I'm quite the optimist so I will be optimistic for you buddy. I believe in my heart that the BoX devs really want to be the best. I hope that they get up to your standard so that you can come and enjoy it with us one day.

Take it easy bro!

Smokejumper

Post by Smokejumper » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:44 pm

Onebad wrote:Glad to see that neither Kildren or I are the biggest clowns around.

My job. Don't take that from me ya bastard. :P

Lachs
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Lachs » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:26 pm

Alpha wrote:Von Archie, Boyezee and Vranac having this talk in person:
This is hilarious!! Thank you!