Chubby activated.

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Meaker

Re: Chubby activated.

Post by Meaker » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:17 am

Wow....we've gone from a 40 km visible view to a 150 km visible view in just one update,superb stuff !! :D

Smokejumper

Post by Smokejumper » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:38 am

Vranac wrote:
Sorry, but you're wrong on both counts Smoke. Take a Stuka and blow your vertical stabilizer off or take a Spit but you'd need someone to help you.
And how did you miss what was the point in those videos? it's about damaged control surfaces, not those that are blown off. That is also very easy to test.

Secondly, every even slightest damage on your control surfaces is counted in Cliffs, even when you have a small tiny hole. I'll tell you how I found that out. I was on AX in a 109 fighting a guy ( also on a 109) that I know that I always beat, after a few maneuvers I'm on his six. That time I was hit a bit before but couldn't feel any damage, everything seemed to be fine. I couldn't get on his six for two minutes, whooh, I though, he improved a lot. But in a next fight I had beaten him as usual. Luckily I was recording a track and the outside views were not locked back then. I watched the track and there was a tiny bitty hole on one elevator and that was enough to lose some elevator authority.

You know I'm a Cliffs fanboi or was anyway and a rabid one. You also know how I fly. Once upon a time tried to recruit me when you and I got caught on the deck by 5 109s at French Point and wrecked them all. You are a reason I am in ACG if you recall.

Give BoX a try bro. It's gotten so much better and might surprise you.

It has it's flaws but it's not the game I used to hate. I believe you might even find a post in here of mine stating that if we move to BoX I might not be sticking around.

As for the tiny hole.... Those represent a hit box damage not what you actually hit..... As for BoX DM I do agree that it is more simple than Cliffs but the FM has gotten great! Still needs netcode work etc etc but it is getting worked on. If I want to fly WWII combat I don't see anywhere else to go to look.

Cliffs is showing its age and I would prefer not to type out my real feelings on it's future..... I loved that game.... :veryangry:

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:01 am

I'm confused. We have an amazing gif of a shot off part hitting the prop and damaging it, something never seen in a sim before yet Vranac is telling us it's shite compared to cod DM? Mental. Cod has a ton of problems I could go on about but won't because I accept them because overall the good outweighs the bad.

Von Archie

Post by Von Archie » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:06 am

He simply will not listen to anything positive said about the game. It goes beyond 'I don't think BoX is as good as Cliffs' but seems to be a deeply held pathological hatred of all things BoX, and I honestly think now that he would rather see ACG go under than move to a new game.
I've given up wasting my breath.
i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

StG77_CountZero

Post by StG77_CountZero » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:01 pm

Dickie wrote:I'm confused. We have an amazing gif of a shot off part hitting the prop and damaging it, something never seen in a sim before yet Vranac is telling us it's shite compared to cod DM? Mental. Cod has a ton of problems I could go on about but won't because I accept them because overall the good outweighs the bad.
Collision DM with airplanes or objects was always best in BoX, but when it comes to DM of bullets impact on airplanes internals and externals BoX is not near CloD level.

Had time to finaly check MP and warping and lags online are even wors now, and openng player list or map makes constant frezzes, with how many people did you guys test your server if you did, on WoL and even berloga i dont see any improvments with this patch, MP is only geting wors, i dont even bather to check on finland server with new patch as their server had worst performace even before patch, ill have to check coconuts server his server was always most stable and it seams he knows how to get most of the game for good MP and he limits his server to small number of players.

Also dod you guys run any AI flights on your server after the patch, is there any changes with new AI logics on number of them you can use online?

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Post by Jaydog » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:19 pm

Have you seen the level of detail climbing trough clouds in BoX? Amazing.

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal

Lachs
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Lachs » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:16 pm

Right on, Jay!! Appreciate what we have!

I understand the desire for emersion, but this expectation of "realism" and demand for "perfection" cracks me up. This is not real people!! We aren't flying real planes or shooting real bullets. We aren't "flying" anything. We could as easily be in refrigerators or cardboard boxes and still enjoy the game.

One of the first multiplayer sims, Air Warrior, featured Santa Clause flying around the theatre every Xmas.... extra points to anyone who could shoot him down. Once in a while aliens would show up and zap everyone with lasers.

It can be frustrating, but I for one don't mind dealing with a few glitches here and there to remind me just how awesome 99.9% of this technology is and how far it's come since comic book looking graphics, indistinguishable flight models and control systems that involved hitting a start button and pushing a throttle. The ultimate conclusion of this search for "realism" is that our computers will explode when we lose a fight and we'll all be a bunch of smoking corpses sitting in front of them!

IMHO..... put things in context and appreciate what's available to enjoy. If you don't like a particular sim there are now plenty of others to choose from. And if you get a little frustrated with something, turn of the computer and look out your window, there is actually a real world out there.
Last edited by Lachs on Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:18 pm

Lachs wrote:And if you get a little frustrated with something, turn of the computer and look out your window, there is actually a real world out there.
Heresy!!

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Vranac

Post by Vranac » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:00 pm

Smokejumper wrote: You know I'm a Cliffs fanboi or was anyway and a rabid one. You also know how I fly. Once upon a time tried to recruit me when you and I got caught on the deck by 5 109s at French Point and wrecked them all. You are a reason I am in ACG if you recall.

Give BoX a try bro. It's gotten so much better and might surprise you.

It has it's flaws but it's not the game I used to hate. I believe you might even find a post in here of mine stating that if we move to BoX I might not be sticking around.

As for the tiny hole.... Those represent a hit box damage not what you actually hit..... As for BoX DM I do agree that it is more simple than Cliffs but the FM has gotten great! Still needs netcode work etc etc but it is getting worked on. If I want to fly WWII combat I don't see anywhere else to go to look.

Cliffs is showing its age and I would prefer not to type out my real feelings on it's future..... I loved that game.... :veryangry:
Smoke, I remember, I even tried to find a track but couldn't, probably forgot to start recording.

Look man, I really can't fly like that. I know what to do when I see an opponent and I can't fight when I see his nose is not pointing at me but from his point of view he is. Any flying and fighting like that is pointless, for me at least.
I knew that DM is much less detailed but I didn't know that is that bad, I found that out recently.
I don't care if I'm flying over water, desert... but FM and DM have to be good. I stopped flying old il2 a few months after Cliffs came out not because it was bad but because in Cliffs there was much more inertia to be felt, jumping to old il2 was like I'm flying a RC model.
And all of that I'm seeing in BoX. To be honest, I saw that some people reported improvements in inertia in that summer patch but they are comparing it with the old il2 and I'm still seeing those dolphin 109s and even bombers wagging their tails.

Smoke, they aren't working on netcode, I could translate a detailed answer from Petrovich where he was explaining in more detail what has been said on that TS conversation that Dickie linked here. Every question about that desync and netcode in general has 20 or 30 upvotes on the forum. But alas, they don't have anyone working on that, it's ancient and they have to rewrite it completely.

Vranac

Post by Vranac » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:45 pm

Dickie wrote:I'm confused. We have an amazing gif of a shot off part hitting the prop and damaging it, something never seen in a sim before yet Vranac is telling us it's shite compared to cod DM? Mental. Cod has a ton of problems I could go on about but won't because I accept them because overall the good outweighs the bad.
Dickie, what are these DM problems in CloD? The only problem in Clod DM is Hurricane and 109 wings are falling off from one cannon round. And that is common for all the planes in BoX.
I really don't get it, how these BoX developers couldn't patch something on these damaged controls, that doesn't have to be counted at all, when hit 50% lost and that's it. Not an elegant solution but that would work. Something like Colander did with that speed punishment when you earn a hole in your wing. But no, they're writing tirades on the forum how everything is fine and correct. Smoke and mirrors.

Look, I respect your (collective) decision to move to BoX and I'm not writing these posts to influence that. I don't have a slightest illusion about that. It was a way how you sneaked that through the backdoor that was bothering me a bit.
But please don't hide behind some phrases like: "TFS is not listening to us at all", that's childish. With all due respect to the chaps that made the missions and stats on our public server, it was empty. Not because TFS. And we were flying campaign without that broken script for years.
They solved these FPS problems and rubber banding quickly as I expected.

You know my opinion about 4.5 or you could find it in my recent posts and the only thing that could keep me flying was our campaign. And even with that after all of this years I would have to force myself to fly for the first time.

So whatever some of you might think I really wish you all to have fun in that BoX thing if that is satisfying your standards.

P.S. And just to say that I'm really disappointed with barbaric behavior of some members here. But that is telling more about themselves, actually ( No Archie, not you).